Challenger, the to-go gadget place for some Singaporeans after the Sim Lim Square issue, has taken theft deterrence to a whole new level when they posted a “Wanted” poster of alleged shoplifters, comprising images of people who have been captured on CCTV for allegedly shoplifting from their stores.
According to zaobao.sg, the poster is placed prominently at the door of the Suntec City outlet. One store assistant said that it is apparently displayed in all stores in Singapore.
While this seems like an effective effort to deter shoplifting, with no case of shoplifting in the Suntec City outlet for four months since it was placed up there (prior to that, it’s estimated to be about one or two cases every six months), netizens aren’t happy.
Here’re some of the Facebook comments on Straits Times’ Facebook post that reported the news.
But of all comments, this totally nailed it.
What do you think? If you’re a shop owner, would you implement this deterrence method?
Featured Image: zaobao.com.sg
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- 8 Interesting Facts About Challenger That You Probably Didn’t Know Of
- 9 fascinating facts about Funan Mall you must know before it closes for redevelopment
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Low Kay Hwa (see all)
- Don’t Say Bojio: Kbox’s $4/hr Nett Extended & Still With Free-flow Snacks! - May 23, 2017
- Chun Cui He Rose Honey Milk Tea is Now in S’pore Today (20 May 17) for A Special Reason - May 20, 2017
- This Gatecrash with Imperial Dynasty Theme Turning into K-pop Theme Just Upped the Game in S’pore - May 20, 2017