Singapore is tightening its housing laws once again. If you happen to rent your house to other people, then this may concern you, especially if you have a slew of tenants living under one roof.
The new revisions
From 1 May, the occupancy cap for 4-room and larger HDB flats will be 6 people as opposed to 9 people which is the current maximum.
Living quarters in commercial properties will also be affected by the new revisions, as the occupancy cap will be reduced from 8 people to 6 people.
FYI, the occupancy includes the flat owners as well—basically the number of people living in the HDB flat.
For rental cases before 1 May 2018, the revised cap will only apply upon renewal of the arrangement or if there is a change of tenants.
Flat owners will also be required to seek HDB’s approval before the start of the tenancy, ensuring eligibility conditions are met.
Here is a succinct table on the occupancy for HDB flats:
If you have any queries, you can always contact the HDB Branch Service Line, between 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. at 1800-225-5432.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 17,000 New HDB Flats in 2018. Guys, Time to Propose
- 10 Pets You Actually Can’t Keep in HDB
- 10 Facts About The Serangoon North HDB Fire That Caused The Owner To Lose $10K
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: ZDL / shutterstock.com
Latest posts by Venkataraman Gunasellan (see all)
- There Are Starbucks Opening Hours During CNY - February 16, 2018
- 10 Scary Things That Happen Within Your Body When You Smoke That Smokers Need To Know - February 16, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: Free Game Credits in Timezone During CNY Period (16 to 18 Feb) - February 15, 2018