Remember him? I bet you might.
He’s Aloysius Pang, a popular local actor who was crowned one of the 8 Dukes of Caldecott Hill in 2014 and won the Best Newcomer prize at Star Awards 2015.
He also made headlines for leaving Mediacorp to start a business of recycling products.
But now, he might be known for another reason.
Charged with Drink Driving
He was charged with drink driving in court on 18 May 2017 according to The New Paper.
It was reported that on 8 May 2017, he was driving along Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim at about 5:00 a.m. when he lost control of his car and hit a barrier.
Allegedly, he had 55 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath, 20 mcg over the prescribed limit.
But wait, there’s more to the story.
He intends to plead guilty to the charge
And this is the part where he impresses us the most. Instead of trying to get out of the charge, he told the media that he does not plan to hire a lawyer.
Instead, he’s simply going to plead guilty.
If convicted, he can be jailed up to six months or fined between $1,000 and $5,000.
Here’s what he said: “As a role model, I know I should not have done this and I will bear the consequences.”
Way better than someone who drives a BMW. #JustSaying
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Feature Image: 8days.sg
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Everything You Need to Know About The I12 Katong Mall Fire in 60 Secs
- Chinese Nurses Get Into a Fist Fight During Surgery While Operating On Patient
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- 8 Facts About S’pore’s Recent Cabinet Shuffle for People Who Don’t Politics - April 25, 2018
- Republic Poly Accidentally Accepted 16 ‘Wrong’ Students: 6 Topics S’poreans Talked About Today (25 Apr) - April 25, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: 8 Kiasu-est Deals Happening in S’pore This Week (24-29 Apr) - April 24, 2018