Last year, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users faced some charging issues; they were unable to charge it when their phone dies.
And now Samsung Galaxy S8 (and some Galaxy Note 8) users are facing another annoying issue—the screen comes to life randomly, essentially draining the battery’s life.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s screen has a life of its own
Typically, when you don’t touch your phone, the screen won’t light up but for some weird reason, the said phone model allegedly “wakes up” to the home screen.
Take a look:
Affected users have expressed their dilemma on Reddit and the official Samsung Community.
Even after clearing the cache and starting the phone in safe mode, the problem persisted.
Those who have flip cases weren’t spared as well.
According to this user, even after trying a factory reset and soft reset, the screen stayed lit, despite the case being closed.
And the user realised that the phone battery is draining rapidly to about (50-60%).
Here is a video of the issue in question:
What did Samsung Say?
According to Indian Express, a Samsung moderator in a community forum told the users to try soft resetting the phone to solve the issue.
As mentioned earlier, that didn’t work. As of writing time, there isn’t any formal statement from them.
But given Samsung’s history with their phones, I, as an apple user, would love to hear what they have to say. 😊
Just be happy that there are no explosions!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Samsung Developing New Tech That Can Charge Batteries 5X Faster
- 8 Best China-Brand Phones in S’pore That Have Made Apple / Samsung Kanchiong
- Step Aside, Samsung/Apple: 1 in 5 Smartphones in S’pore is a China Phone
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: AndroidPIT
Latest posts by Venkataraman Gunasellan (see all)
- Flu Season in S’pore didn’t End as Projected ‘Coz #WinterSingapore - January 17, 2018
- Goodbye, Winter: S’pore Set for Dry & Hot Weather For the Next Two Weeks - January 17, 2018
- Do You Charge Your Mobile Phone To 100%? You Might Be Killing Your Battery - January 17, 2018