So, a thread in Hardwarezone just caught our attention: 33 year old Singaporean, drawing $7k sgd a month cannot find gf anybody can help?
Well, apparently the thread is started for a friend, so we presumed it is for a “friend”. But when we open the thread, our eyes went wide open for a few minutes. Not because it’s interesting, but it’s almost…hilarious.
And yes, it supposed to be a serious discussion.
Here’s what was written:
- 33 year old IT manager
- $7k sgd a month
- Stay with parents
- Saves 50% of salary
- Has gone on numerous dates but cannot find suitable life partner to settle down with :
- Can cook
- Can do housework
- Wants to have at least 3 children
- Must exercise regularly to stay in shape
- Must be able to hold intellectual conversations
- Must save at least 30% of her salary
- Must treat his parents well
- Must not demand a car
- Cannot take taxi too often
- Must dress decently but be stylish and classy
- Eyes cannot be smaller than his
- Must be more talkative than him because he does not talk much
- His friends must approve of her
While we don’t deny that he himself has got pretty good qualities, from his higher-than-average salary and that discipline to save so much of his monthly salary, we can’t help but to highlight a few points that we just, well, make us go “WHAT!?” and why we think so.
It’s 2017. It’s Singapore. People all eat out. Why is this a need instead of a want?
Can do housework
While it’s good to have…but earning $7,000 does entitle a domestic helper, isn’t it?
Must be able to hold intellectual conversations
Finding a wife or a professor? A couple seldom holds intellectual conversation—because you stay with her in the bedroom and not in an office / classroom. The last place to hold such conversations is in your bedroom, right?
Must save at least 30% of her salary
Just because one saves 50%, the wife must save 30%? It’s already very good for one to save 20%, not to mention 10%…
Eyes cannot be smaller than his
Okay, we give up. If you can’t help but die die want to join in the discussion, here’s the link.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com in 2015 and revised on 12 July 2017.
- Once You Know This Secret Workout, You’ll Never Go To A Gym Again
- Here’s a Hack to Make Part-time Jobs Look for You Instead of You Looking for Part-time Jobs
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!