It breaks my heart to hear this. A kid committing suicide over undone homework. Another one did, before her exams were due to begin a day later.
Stress can really drive oneself up the wall sometimes. At work, it’s often our most devoted companion besides the backs and side profiles of ever-silent colleagues.
I once went through the same teenage mugging stress as you and anybody else. Luckily for me, my parents were never too focused on getting good grades, preferring to walk that road less-travelled of moral education.
Let’s return to the story here.
The 12-year-old Suicide Case
Her exams were due to begin a day later. Sadly, she was found hanging from her bunk bed at home on 3 September. A shoelace was the apparent cause of death.
Her eight-year-old sister discovered the suicide and promptly informed their mother, who went into the room to find her daughter lying on a mattress after her younger son had cut the rope.
The victim’s body had been moved to the Forensic Department in Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital, Alor Setar for post-mortem. Meanwhile, the police have classified the case as unnatural death.
Now, I don’t know what your secondary school study rituals were, but I certainly hope it didn’t involve midnight oil or a lack of playtime. If any, studies have shown that having sufficient playtime is proportional to keeping a healthy child.
Important Lesson Learnt
It’s really unfortunate to hear so many similar cases as of late. If anything, an important lesson would be to cherish your loved ones and always ensure that study and relaxation time are balanced.
If you are going through a hard time, or know anyone who is, please do not hesitate to reach out for support. Contact 1800-221-4444, a Samaritans of Singapore hotline which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’pore Chinese Newspapers Call Mercs Lady ‘Hot Fiery Woman’ & Revealed Her Info Without Breaking The Law
- Korean Singer Leaves Band After Sleazy DMs To YouTuber Were Exposed
- Skimpy School Uniform, Like Amended Short Skirt, Now Illegal in Thailand
- Actor Lawrence Wong Gives Up Drinking Bubble Tea Daily Because It Makes His Face Sag
- M’sian Man Caught Sleeping With 2 Women Said He Was Scared Of Lizard In His Room
- Bride’s Parents Walk Down The Aisle For Couple After Groom Was Hospitalised