Is it possible for a group of 16 to assume that one of the other 15 is going to pay the bill?
That seems to be what happened in this restaurant, where nobody came to pay the bill even after a few days.
Ate $1,188 Worth of Food, Left Without Paying
According to Shin Min Daily News, a group of 16 customers, believed to be colleagues who came for an after-work dinner, visited Rasa Istimewa Waterfront Restaurant at 7pm on 21 July.
There, they ordered two 10 pax set meals that cost over $238 each, as well as 60 sticks of satay. They also ordered soft drinks, iced lemon tea, coconut juice, sugar cane juice, and cocktails.
At that time, there was only four staff serving four tables of customers. When the group of 16 was done eating, the staff noticed them looking like they were about to leave, and served them their dessert.
After finishing the dessert, the entire group left the restaurant. The staff didn’t stop them as they assumed the diners had paid the bill before dessert.
It was only until 9pm, when the restaurant was less busy, that someone noticed that the tab for that table wasn’t closed.
No Way of Contacting Them
The restaurant does not have the group’s contact details since they were walk-in customers. As of writing, no one had returned to the restaurant to foot the bill.
The restaurant owner shared that there had been similar situations in the past where diners forgot to pay, but they always eventually returned to settle the bill. This was the first time that such a large group of customers didn’t pay for their food.
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
The restaurant said that they will now hold on to the credit card of a customer, just in case another non-payment situation arises.
Otherwise, they will request customers to leave a contact number.
The restaurant hasn’t made a police report yet as they hoped someone will return and pay, and didn’t want to complicate matters.
However, if the diners continue to not pay up, the restaurant will be leaving the matter to the authorities to handle.
So if you’re one of the 16 people? Better head over to the restaurant to pay up now.
- 107YO Great-Great-Grandma in S’pore Has Passed Away, Leaving Behind 32 Grandchildren & 31 Great-Grandchildren
- Wife & GF of Man Both Committed Suicide After Man Died from a Fall
- Man Allegedly Jumped Out of Moving PHV Car During Argument With Wife
- Genting Highlands Having an Indoor Entertainment Hub With Water Park, Roller Coaster Rides & More
Featured Image: Facebook (Shin Min Daily News, Rasa Istimewa Waterfront Restaurant)
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023