Last Updated on 2017-12-08 , 3:02 pm
My editor threw this question to the editorial team: “Who hates Llaollao?”
Without any hesitation, I raised my hand.
Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge fan of froyo, ever since I laid my eyes on this iconic scene from Gossip Girl.
I mean who can forget when Blair asked Serena, “Well we should get going then. Unless you want us to wait for you. Looks like you’ve got a lot of yogurt left.”
Froyo was the “it” food from 2009-2012.
I remember seeing a slew of froyo stores opening up at every corner of the street such as the now-defunct Frolick, Yoguru and Yami Yogurt.
Then it died down and it got a renaissance of sorts in 2015 when Llaollao opened.
1) Llaollao is overhyped
What will force someone to queue for more than 30 minutes to get a cup of yoghurt?
- Is it that good?
- Is it going to improve my guts?
- Is it going to get over 100 likes on Instagram?
I am just trying to figure out the thought process of those who willingly decided to queue.
2) It isn’t that great
I was in Wisma Atria when I had my first cup of Llaollao and no, I did not queue at all as it was about 11:00 a.m.
I even added the chocolate sauce coz’ you can’t go wrong with chocolate.
Oh boy, how was I wrong.
There are two things that chocolate shouldn’t be mixed with—raisins and Llaollao.
After five or six spoons, I dumped it in the trash.
I like my froyo to be tart and I thought the chocolate sauce would help cut the acidity but nope.
It wasn’t even tart, to begin with…or I should say that the tartness wasn’t enough for me.
3) The sauces
So I thought chocolate was bad, but can you imagine drizzling white chocolate (Raffallao sauce) on it?
No, I did not try it and I would like to keep it that way.
4) No gummy bears
There are no gummy bear toppings but they have Oreos, sunflower seeds (yucks) and biscuits.
How can one not have gummy bears in their froyo store?
5) Llaollao has a major identity issue
Are they a dessert store or a health food store?
They have fruits like blueberries and watermelon, alongside vats of sinful sauces like white chocolate and cookie.
I mean, if you’re going to offer us with all these decadent toppings that will eventually go to our thighs, the least you can do is to not pretend that it is healthy by providing details like this:
You can’t play good cop and bad cop. That’s not how it works.
I rest my case. Goodbye.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts About Yole, The Brand That’s ‘Taking Over’ Llao Llao
- 9 Facts About Llao Llao’s Departure from S’pore You’re Dying to Know
- Commentary: LlaoLlao’s Sudden Uplorry Could Be Due to Something Else?
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Llaollao
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024