Yep, you read that right. 88-year-old Malaysian Uncle Ong Kim Hwa ran 10km under the pouring rain, clocking a time of one hour and 25 minutes.
If this isn’t the epitome of steady lah, then what is?
Faster and Further Than Youngsters
Think about your last timing for a 2.4km run. Now think about your timing for a (hypothetical) 10km run.
If you’re a couch potato like me, you’re probably thinking, “How does anyone even successfully finish a 10km run, let alone under 90 minutes?”
On 26 September, the PJ Half Marathon in Kuala Lumpur shared some pictures by sports photography company ActionPix Malaysia. And one particular participant caught everyone’s eye: 88-year-old Seremban resident, Uncle Ong Kim Hwa.
In the picture, Uncle Ong can be seen wearing a pair of white running shorts, an event T-shirt, and a fanny pack. He’s pictured to be running while holding a white towel.
ActionPix Malaysia shared that Uncle Ong completed the 10km race at one hour and 25 minutes. This was under extreme rainy conditions too, where the rain continued pouring from the start to the end of the race.
Facebook Users Full of Praise
The comments under this Facebook post was full of praise for this uncle, who managed to stay fit even at the age of 88.
In fact, many commenters said that they’re way younger and probably can’t finish a 10km race, let alone within 90 minutes.
Another commenter said that he also clocked about 90 minutes… for an 8km race. Bravo to Uncle Ong!
Seems like Uncle Ong’s achievement has motivated many people, with lots of comments saying that they want to be this fit in old age too.
Do you think you can beat Uncle Ong’s record when you’re 88 years old?
- S’pore Having 7 Long Weekends Instead of 6 Long Weekends in 2023 After Change in Vesak Day
- Confirmed: Taiwan Allowing Quarantine-Free Travellers from 13 Oct
- Man Jumped in Front of Car at Serangoon & Pretended to be Hit Like a Drama Queen
- Swimmer Teong Tzen Wei Releases Public Statement After Being Revealed to be 3rd Swimmer to Have Consumed Drugs
- Badminton Star Loh Kean Yew Becomes Grab Ambassador & Becomes a Food Delivery Rider for a Day
Featured Image: Facebook (ActionPix Malaysia)
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use