Loh Kean Yew, the World Badminton Champion of 2021, and also… Singapore’s best calves?
On 29 September, Grab announced their first Singapore brand ambassador, with a clip of Loh Kean Yew being a GrabFood driver for the day.
Here’s why they chose Loh, and the Grab campaigns coming up to celebrate this announcement.
Not Just Coz He’s Famous
Grab Singapore’s managing director Yee Wee Tang shared that Loh is “an inspiration for many Singaporeans” with his hard work.
Grab chose him due to his growth story, where his athlete journey mirrors Grab’s journey to becoming the leading super-app in Southeast Asia.
Calling it a privilege to work with Loh, Grab hopes that its platform will continue to bring “convenience and value” to everyone living fast-paced lives.
“I am extremely humbled to be named Grab Singapore’s first brand ambassador and work with a brand that reflects my values,” responded Loh. He said that the Grab app has become “a big part of my daily life”, adding that the many food options are the best after a long day of training.
“It’s also really cool that I can still use the same app around Southeast Asia.”
SG’s Best Calves
To celebrate this partnership, Loh became a GrabFood rider for a day.
The video described him as “Singapore’s best calves” while showing Loh cycling around Singapore to make deliveries.He was, of course, met with lots of “oh my god”s and even one “do you have a girlfriend?”
Seems like that green Grab jacket adds to his star quality.
Games, Deals and Exclusive GrabGiftsCards
This new partnership will also come with campaigns, meaning more deals and goodies for all our Grab users.
There’ll be a Kean Yew Rally Instagram AR filter game and giveaway on Grab’s page (@grab_sg) from 6 to 31 October. Participants could win a badminton racket signed by Loh through this game.
Additionally, clicking on the “GrabFood Hot Deals” banner or icon on the GrabFood app will show that you can enjoy up to 40% off your meals. This campaign will also run from 6 to 31 October.
And if you have friends who are big fans of Loh, you can get the limited edition Grab x Loh Kean Yew-designed e-vouchers.
More details will be shared on Grab’s social media and marketing channels soon.
- Everything You Need To Know About Russia’s Impending Annexation of Occupied Ukraine
- S’pore Having 7 Long Weekends Instead of 6 Long Weekends in 2023 After Change in Vesak Day
- Confirmed: Taiwan Allowing Quarantine-Free Travellers from 13 Oct
- Man Jumped in Front of Car at Serangoon & Pretended to be Hit Like a Drama Queen
- Swimmer Teong Tzen Wei Releases Public Statement After Being Revealed to be 3rd Swimmer to Have Consumed Drugs
Featured Image: Grab Singapore
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use