Last Updated on 2016-05-19 , 2:02 pm
You’ve dropped by JB Central and walked through its streets so many times that you’re kind of bored by it. Is there really anywhere else to explore nearby City Square?
Not to worry, because we’ve got you covered.
Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple
This is one of the oldest temples in Malaysia, and it’s the first Hindu glass temple of the world. Walk in its vicinity and feel mesmerised by daylight passing onto glass chandeliers. The temple is also home to 10 sacred gold sculptures which explain the cycle of life.
Johor Bahru Old Chinese Temple
The temple was constructed back in the 19th century and is said to be the sole surviving place of worship post-World War II.
The temple holds five deities, including Yuan Tian Shang Di and Zhao Da Yuan Shuai.
EHHE Art Gallery
This art gallery is truly a treasure cove for art enthusiasts. You also get to see a lot of antiques. These include calligraphy art and an impressive collection of vinyl records.
Admission is free, so hurry in!
This French-themed bistro and wine bar serve the best bowl of French Onion Soup I’ve ever tried in Malaysia. I’m serious.
They’re only open for dinner right up to midnight and closed on Sundays.
Korea House, Jalan Noja
Authentic Korean food is cooked here with recipes passed on to its owner by her mother. Get a bowl of the Ginseng Chicken Soup which is served with a smackalicious selection of side dishes.
Angry Birds Park
Did you love the game? Try the life-sized version of it at Komtar Johor Bahru City Centre. This is the first ever Angry Birds Park in Southeast Asia.
Enjoy a game of lasers with your pals at JB City Square. You get 7 vibration points when you’re hit, which ensures you feel every bloody shot!
Kuso Trick Art
Take pictures of yourselves with Doraemon, a frame with knives aimed at you and even with an angel’s wings. The paintings on your background really come to life. Located at Mount Austin.
DC Comics Superheroes Café and Merchandise Store
This is the second outlet of its kind in Malaysia (the first is in KL). Drop by Puteri Harbour and get a latte with Batman’s logo decorating your froth. Grab a Superman T-shirt before you leave as a memento.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast