Yesterday (30 November) morning, a 43-year-old man died after being involved in what appears to be a hit-and-run accident along Adam Road.
The police have since confirmed the incident, adding that they were informed of it at 6.29am on Wednesday (20 November) morning.
Apart from that, the police also revealed that the accident took place along Adam Road towards Lornie Road before the exit to the Pan-Island Expressway heading to Tuas.
The accident involved a car and a bicycle. The cyclist was the one who was killed and was unconscious when sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
According to the police and Singapore Civil Defence Force, the man succumbed to his injuries after reaching the hospital.
Fellow Cyclist Asks for Witnesses
Since then, a fellow cyclist in Singapore has come forth with a plea for witnesses via Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
The fellow cyclist, @jenn.in.sg, shared that the incident occurred at around 6.28am and that the car in question was a white Mercedes.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
“I was not there and don’t know the rider but as a fellow cyclist this breaks my heart and I want to help. It could have been anyone of us. Let’s look out for each other,” she added.
She also added two email addresses, [email protected] and [email protected], that the public can contact if they have any information.
Two Men Assisting With Investigations
As of now, the police have revealed that two men have been called to assist with investigations.
According to The Straits Times, one of the men is the owner of the white Mercedes, while the other is the owner’s acquaintance.
The men are aged 38 and 40.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Prior to his passing, the cyclist was part of the Australian and New Zealand Association (Anza) Cycling club.
The club also uploaded a statement on Instagram Stories to address the situation after the accident.
Dear Anza Cycling community. We are aware of an incident that occurred this morning, in which an Anza cyclist, part of our triathlon community, has passed away,” the club wrote.
The club also asked people to refrain from sharing any photos or conjectures regarding the accident “out of respect for [the victim’s] family”.
Additionally, the club assured members that they would provide more details once they get hold of them.
- Stomper Slammed for Complaining About Guide Dog in MRT Train
- NEA & SPF Fined 25 Motorcyclists for ‘Excessive Noise Emissions’ in Joint Checks Against Errant Motorcycles
- Monkeypox Will Now be Renamed to Mpox
- BKK Cinema Offers Unlimited Popcorn But Has to End Promotion Early
- Lawrence Wong: Temasek Doing Internal Review on Failed FTX Investment
Featured Image: Instagram (@anzacycling) + Facebook (SG Road Vigilante)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”