Yesterday (30 November) morning, a 43-year-old man died after being involved in what appears to be a hit-and-run accident along Adam Road.
The police have since confirmed the incident, adding that they were informed of it at 6.29am on Wednesday (20 November) morning.
Apart from that, the police also revealed that the accident took place along Adam Road towards Lornie Road before the exit to the Pan-Island Expressway heading to Tuas.
The accident involved a car and a bicycle. The cyclist was the one who was killed and was unconscious when sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
According to the police and Singapore Civil Defence Force, the man succumbed to his injuries after reaching the hospital.
Fellow Cyclist Asks for Witnesses
Since then, a fellow cyclist in Singapore has come forth with a plea for witnesses via Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
The fellow cyclist, @jenn.in.sg, shared that the incident occurred at around 6.28am and that the car in question was a white Mercedes.
“I was not there and don’t know the rider but as a fellow cyclist this breaks my heart and I want to help. It could have been anyone of us. Let’s look out for each other,” she added.
Two Men Assisting With Investigations
As of now, the police have revealed that two men have been called to assist with investigations.
According to The Straits Times, one of the men is the owner of the white Mercedes, while the other is the owner’s acquaintance.
The men are aged 38 and 40.
Prior to his passing, the cyclist was part of the Australian and New Zealand Association (Anza) Cycling club.
The club also uploaded a statement on Instagram Stories to address the situation after the accident.
Dear Anza Cycling community. We are aware of an incident that occurred this morning, in which an Anza cyclist, part of our triathlon community, has passed away,” the club wrote.
The club also asked people to refrain from sharing any photos or conjectures regarding the accident “out of respect for [the victim’s] family”.
Additionally, the club assured members that they would provide more details once they get hold of them.
- Stomper Slammed for Complaining About Guide Dog in MRT Train
- NEA & SPF Fined 25 Motorcyclists for ‘Excessive Noise Emissions’ in Joint Checks Against Errant Motorcycles
- Monkeypox Will Now be Renamed to Mpox
- BKK Cinema Offers Unlimited Popcorn But Has to End Promotion Early
- Lawrence Wong: Temasek Doing Internal Review on Failed FTX Investment
Featured Image: Instagram (@anzacycling) + Facebook (SG Road Vigilante)
iPhone users’ CPF savings are safe from Malware scams…but not for long. Here’s why:
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant
- Man in S’pore Forced to Pay $2,000 Cancellation Fee After He Clicked on FB Ad Offering Loans
- Here’s Why Both PAP & WP Reject PSP’s Call to Suspend Iswaran as an MP & Remove His Allowance
- Everything About the Public Transport Price Hike That’ll Start from 23 December 2023