Are you a MacBook user? Do you have a MacBook Pro that’s 15 inches, has retina display and is manufactured in mid-2015?
Because if you, or someone you know, do, here’s something you have to know.
Apple Recalled Selected MacBook Pro Units With Retina Display
In a surprising announcement, Apple told the world that a “limited number” of 15-inch MacBook Pro units might contain batteries that may overheat.
They clarified that these units were mostly sold between September 2015 and February 2017.
So if you bought your MacBook Pro within this period, make sure to check your serial number, yeah?
Apple will be giving a free battery replacement for all affected units.
How To Check
The first step, make sure that the 15-inch MacBook Pro is one of the affected units.
Choose “About This Mac” from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of the screen.
If your model is MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), go to this website and enter your serial number.
And if the results come out positive…
Stop using it.
How To Get Your Battery Replaced
Now, don’t cheat because they’ll check your MacBook Pro before doing anything to your laptop.
You can either:
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange mail-in service via the Apple Repair Center.
But in Singapore, unlike the past, we now have a huge Apple Store smack dab in the middle of town.
It’s a safe bet to say that you shouldn’t have any issue rectifying the situation if you suay suay have such an issue.
Apple added that battery replacement normally takes one to two weeks. By the way, your warranty will not be extended.
Cause Not Known
Apple, on the other hand, did not divulge the reason for the defective batteries this time.
However, they’re taking problems with their MacBook Pros over the past year, offering solutions for problems that before, they did not care about at all.
It was speculated that Apple is doing this because of the backlash their brand faced with the newer MacBook Pros since 2016.
But whichever it is, check your MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, made in mid-2015) to see if you’re in danger of having to call the SCDF to your home.
Even if it’s not made in mid-2015, just double-check the serial number just to be safe, yeah?
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Woman Shared How She Used Fitness Tracker To Catch Friend’s BF Cheating
- Actress Han Ji-seong Was Drunk When She Died in a Traffic Accident
- Grandpa Fed 1-Month-Old With Alcohol So That He Won’t ‘Lose Face’; Baby Then Died from Alcohol-Poisoning
- Teenager Allegedly Choked on Bubble Tea Pearls & Died Soon After
- Netizen Posted Images of Packet Drink With ‘Black Substances’; MARIGOLD Has Responded