Baby Frog Found in a Kailan Dish From Sengkang Eatery; Man Later Contracts Food Poisoning Symptoms

Latest Articles

People in S’pore Hoarding Daily Essentials from Supermarkets Again After Announcement of New Measures

Lest you’ve forgotten, exactly a year ago, on 14 May 2020, there were 752 cases, and most of them...

From 1 June, It’s Compulsory to Return Trays & From 1 Sept, You Could...

For ages, patrons have decried the practice of returning trays with utmost gusto. "Why should we have to return the...

52 COVID-19 Cases Today (14 May); 24 are Community Cases

You'd have more or less expected many COVID-19 cases today, given that new COVID-19 measures have been announced just...

Renovation from Upstairs Unit in Yishun Reportedly Caused a Hole in Downstairs Neighbour’s Unit

When there is renovation work being done upstairs and you happen to be at home to “hear” all about...

Everything About the New COVID-19 Measures That Are Almost Similar to Circuit Breaker

Remember the circuit breaker last year? If you don't, you may have unconsciously blocked out the unwanted memory. It was...

Frog legs may be a delicacy here, but actual baby frogs may not be such a good idea.

After all, if done wrongly, they would not only ensure an utterly horrifying experience but also traumatic food poisoning symptoms…

Including much-dreaded vomiting and diarrhoea.

Baby Frog Found in a Kailan Dish From Sengkang Eatery; Man Later Contracts Food Poisoning Symptoms

According to MustShareNewsa man got a little more than what he hoped for when he tucked into his Baby Kai Lan with Oyster Sauce dish:

A baby… frog.

And to make matters worse? His family only realised it when they were nearly done with the dish.

According to the news report, a customer known as Azlan had ordered from a Sengkang seafood stall via GrabFood on Sunday (4 April 2021).

They began eating at around 6:15 p.m.

When they were nearly through with the kailan dish, however, they realised that there was a little extra ingredient nestling at the bottom of their takeaway box.

A baby frog.

Shocked and disgusted, the family allegedly “vomited their food out”.

Since then, Azlan and his wife have suffered from symptoms of food poisoning, such as vomiting and diarrhoea.

They were given medicine and a 2-day MC after paying a trip to the doctor’s earlier this morning (5 April 2021).

He has since lodged a complaint with NEA, SFA, and Grab. Apparently, Grab has refunded him in full for the error.

Other Instances

Unfortunately, occurrences of ‘extra ingredients’ here in Singapore aren’t as rare as we would like.

As recently as 5 December 2020, a man reportedly discovered a “six-legged insect” in his bowl of noodles.


Advertisements  

He claimed to have screamed and thrown up after the recovery, and reportedly felt unwell and traumatised for that day.

He eventually got a full refund from Foodpanda.

As for the hawker stall in question, it has since closed down.

And on 20 November 2020, a man ordered a cup of chocolate milk tea from the Each-A-Cup out located at The Poiz Centre at Upper Serangoon Road.

Unfortunately, things went wrong when he was finishing up the drink.

Feeling something jelly-like in his mouth, he spat it out into the cup.

So you go to social media and it appears that everyone is agreeing with your views. Watch this video to the end and you’d realise that there’s a disturbing reason behind this:

It was a dead cockroach.

According to STOMP, Each-A-Cup is aware of the incident and has since apologised for the incident.

“We regret that such an incident has taken place and we would like to assure everyone that we take such matters very seriously.”


Advertisements  

Well, you know what they say;

What’s life without a few… obstacles, right?

Just kidding; I hope such a traumatic event would never occur to us.

Featured Image: KiltedArab/ Shutterstock.com

Like writing? Goody Feed is looking for writers! Click here for more info!