Last Updated on 2022-05-13 , 2:05 pm
Timing plays an important part in our lives, especially when it comes to do with our health. We certainly know how our diet has a huge impact on our health too.
But did you know that the timing of our meals also makes a huge differences?
Eating at the appropriate times throughout the day will help to maximize fat burning and keep hunger at bay.
According to Women’s Health, these are the best makan timings to help you to lose weight.
Eat within 1 hour of rising
Breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day. When you skip breakfast, you lose its stimulating benefits on your metabolic rate.
You also become more likely to eat unbalanced meals, more calories, and larger amounts of saturated fat throughout the day.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
A review of studies conducted found out that breakfast eaters generally consumed more daily calories yet were less likely to be overweight. Because let’s face it: we always trend to overeat when we’re feeling hungry AF.
Want to reduce your likelihood of overeating throughout the day? Eat your breakfast!
Aim to eat every 3 to 4 hours
Timing your meals in this way will improve your fat loss by preventing excess insulin, allowing leptin to work its magic on appetite control and metabolism, and by balancing the stress hormone cortisol. You should also enjoy your meals at the same time every day. Consistency is key.
Never eat within 3 hours of bedtime
Eating too close to bedtime raises your body temperature, increases blood sugar and insulin, prevents the release of melatonin, and cuts down on growth hormone release.
Sure, you’ll feel less hungry. But you’re sacrificing the quality of your sleep and the natural fat-burning benefits of a good night’s rest.
It would probably lead to more cravings the next day, due to your sleep deprivation. Not a good choice, if you were to ask me. You’re increasing the likelihood of overeating.
If you must eat before bed, opt for a light meal or snack that’s high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat, such as a protein shake made with berries and water or a salad with grilled chicken.
Featured Image: Akaranan / Shutterstock.com (Image is for illustration purpose only)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee