In this day and age, I’m sure we can all agree that technology is a wonderful thing in our daily lives.
Well, at least until it fails.
And that’s what (unfortunately) happened for drivers who parked their cars at the mechanical car park at 1 Changi Village Road yesterday (1 January).
Maybe that was the car park’s New Year gift to us? I’m kidding.
While the mechanical car park was built to help reduce the “parking crunch” in the area, it certainly resulted in another kind of crunch after around thirty people were left stranded at the car park’s entrance after being unable to retrieve their cars from inside.
Here’s what happened.
Car Owners Unable to Retrieve Cars from 6.30 PM Onwards
When speaking to Shin Min Daily News, one of the drivers named Ma Ning (Hanyu pinyin) mentioned that he had parked his car at the mechanical car park earlier that day.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
However, he only found out that the system had malfunctioned at around 6.30 pm when he returned to the car park to collect his car.
According to Mr Ma, he called the hotline in the evening to inform the relevant personnel that the car park had malfunctioned. However, no one came down to fix the issue.
When he called the hotline a second time, no one picked up.
Drivers Left to Wait Outside Car Park for Hours After System Malfunctioned
Based on the photos taken at the scene, many people continued to wait outside the car park even after nightfall. Some killed time by using their phones, while others tried to get a glimpse of what was happening inside the car park.
Apart from that, Mr Ma added that there was an air-conditioned lounge on the first floor of the car park and that it was also filled with people.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Technical Staff Only Reached at Around 9 PM
Apparently, the technical staff only arrived at the car park at around 9 pm that night, approximately three hours after the incident.
Afterwards, the cars were brought out of the car park one by one.
Mr Ma added that his car was the second to be brought out and that he left the area at 9.50 pm that night.
- 28YO Man Found Dead on Serangoon Grass Patch on New Year’s Day
- Man Tried Very Hard to Online Shame SPF Officers & Failed Miserably
- Over 50% of China Travellers to Italy Reportedly Tested Positive for COVID-19
- Divorced Couple Fought Over 3YO’s $4,888 Monthly Expenses
- Man Went Home to Sleep After Punching & Stabbing Two Men
Featured Image: AGV Group Limited + Shin Min Daily News
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”