The cheap yet delicious chicken rice is one of the iconic foods of Singapore.
When my friend traveled from New York (Hi Jon!) to Singapore on a business trip, that was the second thing he requested to eat. It was a shame I didn’t manage to bring him to one of the more famous stalls due to his tight schedule, but he thoroughly enjoyed the dish.
(Because becoming chicken rice is so much better, right? Right?)
Oh, so what’s the first dish? Well, it’s none other than Laksa (Awww yeah).
Ever since then, I’ve been thinking of ways to send him chicken rice and laksa. I did send some recipes his way, but it was really troublesome to make and difficult to replicate the taste.
Eventually, we gave up and figured that he’ll get to eat once he comes to Singapore again anyway.
Well, it has been close to two years since.
But I think I might have found my answer.
Yup, no need to rub your eyes.
Chicken rice and laksa flavored potato chips.
Local brand F.EAST will be launching the two new flavors next Monday (27 Nov). Interested customers will be able to purchase them at F.EAST’s Christmas fair, located at Raffles Place.
For you couch potatoes(like me) out there, the chips are also available for purchase at redmart.com
The chips will be sold for $3 a pack, and $10 for 4 packs (Until 31 Dec).
Come to think of it, it’s quite expensive, but hey: who cares when chicken rice and laksa officially became adjectives?
F.EAST also mentioned that they hope to introduce more flavors from across Asia eventually.
Man, I really hope these chips will taste good. After all, it’s rare to see food that’s so uniquely Singapore. I mean, if these flavors could work, there’s no reason why Laksa and Chicken rice wouldn’t, right?
You didn’t see wrong: there are beer and cappuccino flavoured potato chips here on earth. No wonder aliens haven’t visited us.
But yeah, localization of flavors really does play a big part in attracting consumers. If Tom Yam chips can become a thing, why not Laksa chips, right?
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go clean out my store room so I can buy more of these chips (Fret not, Jon. I’ll be sending you some!).
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 8 Best Potato Chips Sold in S’pore Because Binge-Watching + Chips = Heaven
- Some M’sia McDonald’s Outlets Allegedly Have Fish & Chips. I Can’t Even
- There’s Now a Tinder for Food. Here’re the Deets
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too