A six-year-old girl squatted down by the roadside to pee got crushed by a minibus in China recently. Her family is currently demanding 1.2million Yuan (about 250k SGD) in compensation from the driver for negligence.
Every part of this news is ridiculous.
The parents let the kid just squat down in public, basically in the middle of the road, to pee. There’s like 3 issues there already. Peeing in public, staying in the middle of the road, and parental negligence. What in the world?
Then, as captured by a nearby CCTV camera, a minibus rolled over her, with passers-by frantically trying to stop it. Unfortunately, the girl died of her injuries in the hospital shortly afterwards.
In the aftermath of this extremely unfortunate but ultimately preventable accident, the parents have demanded 1.2million in compensation. The police have also agreed with the parents, citing the driver’s negligence.
However, the little girl had been squatting in the minibus’s blind spot, and many Chinese netizens have taken the driver’s side.
Which does make sense, considering what the kid was doing, apparently without parental supervision. It’s a goddamn road, man. You don’t just let your kid squat there to pee.
But then again, the driver did drive the vehicle over the girl, which means he does have to be partly responsible.
If the final verdict is to have the driver take full blame, what is the message being sent here? Are all drivers supposed to check their actual blindspots constantly for small children squatting? How often are we supposed to check? Every 10 minutes? Every minute? Every 10 seconds? There’s something obviously very wrong here.
Featured Image: miaopai.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts About the Unfortunate Botanic Gardens Accident You’ve Got to Know
- Pretty Chinese Woman Refuses To Pay For Taxi Fare, Even Kicks Security Guard In The Groin
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- MOH Uses Some High-Tech Testing & Found Out There’s a Link Between the 2 Church Clusters
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About