After seven weeks of repair and redecoration, Chong Pang Food Centre has reopened, much to the joy of residents.
The news was announced by Minister K. Shanmugam, who is also a Member of Parliament for Nee Soon GRC.
He shared that the food centre now boasts a fresh coat of paint, as well as repaired tables and chairs. The general plumbing and sanitation have also been improved, so you can look forward to cleaner dining environments.
Additionally, all light bulbs have been replaced with LED bulbs for a more eco-friendly experience.
All of these new features are courtesy of Nee Soon Town Council, which regularly carries out such repair and redecoration work.
The Town Council also shared photos of cleaners shining up the food centre for its reopening.
Many netizens were happy with this reopening, missing the delicious food from their favourite hawkers.
There were also others who commented that the food centre used to be quite dirty and run-down, and that the repair and redecorations were much needed.
More Improvements to Chong Pang
Before this, Chong Pang Market was also closed for repair and redecoration works. It reopened on 5 April.
There will also be a new integrated hub called Chill @ Chong Pang, which will feature amenities like swimming pools, gyms, and a hawker centre. Seems like the Town Council is really determined to make Yishun great again.
- Man Reportedly Fined RM500 for Driving a Car Through a Lane for Buses at JB Checkpoint
- Viral Footage of Men Fighting in Yishun Coffeeshop is Alleged Due to a Beer Lady
- M’sia Official Said Chicken Shortage Crisis Might Resolve After a Month
- Fuel Price in S’pore Hit a Record Figure of $4 Per Litre Due to Russia-Ukraine War
Featured Image: Google Maps
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023