Running Man fans, prepare your tissue paper, because this isn’t a joke. Running Man is officially shutting down in February 2017; the last episode will be on the last week of February 2017.
Now, if this is the first Running Man news you’ve seen this week, then here’s some context: Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were suddenly told to leave, and Running Man had wanted to revamp itself, starting off with a season 2 in 2017 with old and new cast.
But that made fans irate, because both Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were not involved in the decision-making process.
Then, it was revealed that Kang Ho Dong, a popular MC in South Korea, was approached and he was initially interested to join the show, but backed out all of a sudden as it became “uncomfortable due to various situations.”
Rumours then surfaced that the other members of Running Man, namely Yoo Jae Suk, HaHa, Ji Suk Jin, and Lee Kwang Soo, met up secretly together with Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo to discuss the issue. They thought of leaving the show together in protest for the “unfair dismissal” of Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo.
Gary Kang, who was not in the meeting but could have been kept in the loop, suddenly deleted all his posts off his Instagram account and left only one image: that of him, Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo (now, isn’t that obvious?).
And soon after, more rumours were reported: the producers had internal meetings to determine the feasibility of continuing the show, and decided to end it on the first week of January. But the station denied this rumour.
And now, the rumours have been confirmed: according to Koreaboo, a reliable source of K-pop news and one of the most popular English web portals that writes about K-pop, the station that produces Running Man, SBS, has officially issued a statement.
“Running Man members and producers gathered together in Seoul today for an emergency meeting and overcame their misunderstandings and miscommunications.
After deep and lengthy discussion both sides decided to end the show at the end of February 2017.
However, they decided that they did not want to end the show on such a sad note so therefore decided to have all 6 members, Yoo Jae Suk, Ji Suk Jin, Haha, Lee Kwang Soo, Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook.”
And Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo will still be in the cast before the end of the 7-year show; they issue a statement together after the news was broke out.
“To show the strength of friendship that was built over 7 years and thinking of the fans who supported Running Man for such a long time I think we have to show them the best finale possible.”
Gosh. All I can think of now is this: bring back the old producer, Jo Hyo-jin. He might be able to revamp the show.
But in the meanwhile, RIP, Running Man. It has been a nice seven years.
Featured Image: Soompi
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Running Man Producers Now Apologize for Firing Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo
- Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo Were Allegedly Fired from Running Man
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue