In the blink of an eye, we’re almost halfway through 2021. And wow, what a year. But if there’s one good thing about June 2021, it’s that we can probably start to count down the days to the end of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)—especially after Prime Minister Lee’s speech yesterday (31 May)
But hopefully, everyone will continue to stay vigilant so that we won’t have a Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) 2.0.
As of 12pm today (1 Jun), the Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminarily confirmed 18 new cases of COVID-19 infection.
15 of these are community cases, of which seven are unlinked. The remaining three cases are imported.
This brings the total number of cases in Singapore to 62,069.
Overall, the number of new cases in the community has decreased from 185 cases in the week before to 128 cases in the past week. The number of unlinked cases in the community has also decreased from 32 cases in the week before to 26 cases in the past week.
COVID-19 Cluster in Anchorvale Foodcourt Grew to 9 After 31 May’s Cases
The cluster at an NTUC Foodfare outlet along Anchorvale Road continues to grow as two new infections were linked to it yesterday.
- A 33-year-old male Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) who works as a supervisor at Hua Zai HK Style Roasted Delight Rice Noodle (308 Anchorvale Road)
- A 33-year-old male Malaysia national who works as a kitchen assistant at Hua Zai HK Style Roasted Delights (308 Anchorvale Road and 476D Upper Serangoon View)
The Singapore PR is a household contact of five previous cases and was placed on quarantine on 29 May.
He is asymptomatic, and was tested for COVID-19 on 30 May.
His test result came back positive on the same day. His serology test result is negative.
The cluster now has nine cases linked to it. The food court has been closed for two weeks since Sunday (30 May) because of viral transmission among workers there.
The remaining COVID-19 cases that were logged yesterday (31 May) are:
- Three new community infections which are currently unlinked
- Four new community infections linked to the Hong Ye Group cleaners cluster, all of whom are aged 11 to 18
- Two new community infections linked to Case 63844, including an 82-year-old female Singaporean retiree. This has now formed a new cluster.
- Two new community infections each linked to two different clusters, the Cases 63660 and 63714 clusters
- Two new community infections linked to the Case 63708 cluster, including a nine-year-old female Singaporean who is a student at Chua Chu Kang Primary School
- One new community infection with an established link, but no connections to any cluster
- Seven imported cases
559 Active Cases
There are currently 223 confirmed cases who are still in hospital. Of these, most are stable or improving, and 2 are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
336 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are those who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for COVID-19.
33 have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.
Feature Image: kandl stock / Shutterstock.com (Image for illustration purpose only)
After 8 months, NOC’s Food King is back, but it’s very weird and it might not be on YouTube. Here’s why: