When someone even mentions the name Din Tai Fung, the first image that comes to your mind is probably the popular Din Tai Fung fried rice.
Fragrant, eggy and all sort of goodness hidden within that plate, I tell you.
But what if I was to tell you that someone actually recreated the recipe for Din Tai Fung fried rice?
And instead of opening up a fried rice stall at Maxwell Food Centre, he decides to show it to the world for free (sort of).
Spice N Pans
Spice N Pans is a recipe channel created by a Singaporean couple, Jamie and Roland.
They specialise in Singapore-influenced Chinese cooking and have been sharing recipes since 2016.
Their YouTube channel has garnered over 322k subscribers and over 32 million views.
And for good reason.
Just check out some of their recipes.
Super Simple Din Tai Fung Fried Rice Recipe
On 4 Feb 2020, the power couple uploaded a shortened version of their popular Din Tai Fung recipe onto their Facebook page.
By the way, the reason why we’re excited about their recipe isn’t that it’s Din Tai Fung fried rice.
It’s because their recipe allows you to cook the famous fried rice in 10 simple steps.
And the ingredients are pretty simple too.
Serves 4 – 5 pax
Prawn preparation ingredients:
- 8 – 10 pieces of mid-size prawns – deshelled & deveined
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of baking soda
- Enough water to cover prawns
- Some ice cubes
- Some cooking oil
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups of overnight cooked Jasmine rice (250ml cup size)
- 1.5 teaspoon of chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 2 stalks of spring onion
- A few dashes of white pepper
Step-By-Step Din Tai Fung Fried Rice Recipe Video
If you’re someone (like me) who can’t follow Tasty-style recipes, you can also go to their YouTube channel to watch the full video.
Comments on their YouTube video seems to indicate that the recipe is legit.
Truly the hero we need but don’t deserve.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too