Disneyland has long been christened the “happiest place on Earth”.
This is probably why many marriage proposals occur there, bringing greater joy to the once-in-a-lifetime moment.
Unfortunately, a couple did not get their happily-ever-after kiss due to a rude interruption.
Staff Interrupts Proposal
On 4 June, a video surfaced on the Internet on various social media platforms, showing a couple on a raised platform with the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris as the backdrop for the imminent proposal.
The man in white gets down on one knee, all ready to give a diamond ring to his beau who looks so pleasantly surprised while the surrounding crowd cheers and claps.
And right as she sticks out her hand, a man dressed in the iconic Disneyland headgear and colourful shirt runs in and grabs the ring box.
But it’s not the case of petty theft and the man is no thief.
In fact, he is a staff member at Disneyland which he clearly demonstrates as he gestures for the couple to come down from the stage all with a bright smile.
The crowd isn’t too happy about what they just witnessed either, with many murmurings being heard in the background of the video which abruptly comes to an end.
You can watch the whole thing here:
Video Goes Viral Online
After the video went viral, netizens have taken multiple stances on the situation.
Some felt that the staff member’s action was both rude and untimely, ruining a happy occasion.
However, others recognised that the couple was not allowed to be on the raised platform and they should have followed the rule in the first place. Hence, prompting the staff to do his job.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Couple Not Supposed to be on Platform
A TikTok video uploaded after the incident provided more information regarding the situation.
The platform which the couple were on was one of four locations in front of the castle. And while it has excellent views and a picturesque background, guests are not permitted to stand there.
FYI, it’s pretty clear you are not supposed to be on it because the platform is surrounded by gates and fences.
In fact, the platform is used for the ‘Dream and Brighter Show’ at Disneyland Paris.
Owing to its performance purposes, the platform is surrounded by lights, speakers and pyrotechnic equipment — making it all the more dangerous for unauthorised people to be up there.
According to the video, the show was also about to begin which makes the situation even more necessary to be halted immediately.
Since then, Disney has issued an apology regarding the Disneyland employee who put an abrupt end to a couple’s fairytale marriage proposal.
In a statement to digital news site Newsweek, a Disney spokesperson said, “We regret how this was handled. We have apologised to the couple involved and offered to make it right.”
- Landed Property Owners At Sembawang Fined for Parking Their Cars Outside Their House
- Man Fined $10,500 for Illegally Disposing of Furniture & Other Waste at a Secluded Alley at Defu Lane
- Everything About What Apple Announced in the WWDC 2022 Summarised for You
Featured Image: Twitter (BROTHER)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat