Calling out all Train Otakus and those living in the more ulu areas of Singapore! The Downtown Line 3 will officially open on 21 October 2017, and we honestly can’t wait to see what it brings – other than the fact that we can finally travel from Tampines to MacPherson without having to change MRT a few thousand times. Yay!
1. It will be double the length of the current DownTown Line
The new additions will stretch the new Downtown Line to 42km long, adding 16 new stations to the new downtown line.
2. The new stations stretch all the way to Sungei Bedok
Some of the latest additions of the train stations include Geylang Bahru, MacPherson , Ubi, Bedok North and Upper Changi. Westies, now you can get to eat Changi’s Nasi Lemak without spending half a day to travel to it!
3. New interchanges as stations will be in place
There will be a new train interchange with the Circle Line at MacPherson and interchanges at Tampines and Expo with the East-West Line. Travelling times will be cut short by half the time!
4. The interiors of these new MRT stations will look damn atas
Like, super atas.
Bedok North Station
Kaki Bukit Station
5. The biggest challenge building the Downtown line was the Singapore River
Building the Downtown Line was no easy feat. The biggest challenge they faced was having to divert the Singapore River twice when they built tunnels linking from Fort Canning to the Bencoolen station.
6. The ventilation shafts and cooling tower are ‘invisible’
In a Facebook post by Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan, he addressed the new stations added to the Downtown Line and commented that they managed incorporate new technologies when building the new Downtown line.
In this case, the ventilation shafts and cooling towers are now ‘invisible’ as they are integrated into the design of the buildings, making it more aesthetically pleasing.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Featured Image: downtown-line.blogspot.com
- You Can Now Online Book Your Train Tickets To JB Again. Here’s How.
- Things In Downtown East Only Eastern Singaporeans Have The Privilege To Experience
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death