I‘ve always liked Sonic since I was a kid.
Like, gotta go fast right?
…Okay, that wasn’t the sonic I remembered.
However, there are times where you really shouldn’t go fast.
Like when you’re in a school zone. Gotta be mindful of the children, right?
Or, when you’re on a… *deep breath*
FREAKING E-SCOOTER!! (It’s okay, Kermit. We still love you)
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
I hate E-scooters with a passion. If I have to choose between world peace and destruction of all E-scooters, well… I’ll pick world peace.
But you get the idea.
Ever since I was hit by one in a shopping mall (Yes, a shopping mall!), I’ve developed some sorta personal vendetta towards them.
And then, I was shown this article about a man riding an E-scooter, possibly going at 60km/h along the sidewalk of 550 woodlands drive 44.
What’s more, he hit a seven year kid, sending the poor kid tumbling onto the ground.
Let me just briefly talk about the injuries sustained by the kid.
Bleeding from the mouth, checked.
Swelling of his right cheek, checked.
Sprained left wrist, checked.
Concussion resulting in an inability to speak for the next 6 hours, checked.
The list goes on.
Now my blood is boiling like a pot of Bah-Kut-Teh.
The worst part? Instead of apologizing, the rider accused the kid of getting in his way and turned violent. Fearing for the safety of his child, the father (Wu Zhi Xiang, 35) called the police for help (good call, dad).
When the rider realized that the father was calling the cops, he attempted to flee the scene with his wife. Thank goodness a family friend of the father stopped them from doing so.
Police investigations are currently underway.
He’s no Sonic, and definitely no hero.
No matter how you look at it, there’s no way out of this mess for this rider. Going 60km/h with an E-scooter is a death sentence in my book (Imagine getting rammed by it). Let’s hope he gets what he deserved.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- You Can Soon Rent An E-Scooter For $2/Half Hour In Downtown & Neighbourhood Areas
- Woman Slapped Old Man For Brushing Past Her With Bicycle, Said She Was Just Released From Jail
- Everything You Need To Know About Baicycle, The Latest Bike-Sharing Firm in S’pore Backed By XiaoMi
Featured Image: zaobao.com.sg
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee