Warning, this is not a false alarm.
Nearly 1,000 boxes of Acuvue contact lenses have been voluntarily recalled by Johnson & Johnson Vision Care due to “quality issues”.
According to the company:
- Lot L002QH9 of Acuvue Oasys was recalled due to brush bristles potentially being found between the blister package and foil
- Lot B00GW4Z and B00HRMG of Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism contained lenses being “off power”, resulting in distortion or blurriness for the consumer
But wait, you don’t have to turn into a white guy just yet.
Lot numbers can be detected on the back of the outer box or on the front (printed) face foil of the blister package.
Check whether the number coincides with L002QH9, B00GW4Z and B00HRMG. If it doesn’t, it’s safe to wear.
The affected products issued in Singapore accumulate to 929 boxes, which is around 0.03 percent of the total products sold since their market release.
“Our top priority is patient safety and we hold ourselves to high standards for product quality and customer satisfaction. Importantly, no significant health risks have been reported due to these issues,” said a company spokesman. “We have taken measures to help ensure these issues do not recur.”
All affected products sold at optical stores here have been reclaimed as of Monday.
Have there been any reported cases?
According to Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, it has not received any consumer complaints or negative incident cases revolving around the affected lots in Singapore.
Well, you’re entitled to a one-to-one exchange for your contact lenses.
To do so, you can either consult your local eye care professional (preferably where you bought it from), or contact Acuvue Support on 800-101-3130, or email [email protected] to learn more about the returning process.
Singapore isn’t the only market to get affected
The lion city is but a part of a larger recall in Asia, with Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan being affected as well.
So, folks, you’re not alone. Your ‘Arigato-Gozaimasu’, ‘Diu Lei Loh Moh’ and ‘Cha Cha’ speaking pals are all suffering from Acuvue withdrawal symptoms too.
Get your lenses exchanged if required, and make sure to check the number on the box before wearing it.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- The Risk Of Washing Your Contact Lenses with Tap Water Is Deadlier Than You Think
- Say Bye to LASIK: There Are Contact Lenses That Help to Correct Your Short-sightedness
- 10 Things You Actually Cannot Do to Your Contact Lenses
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage