Oh man, I actually thought this was a scene out of some action movie when I first saw it. I mean, just take a look at this photo.
In all due seriousness though, I hope nobody’s injured due to the accident.
On 22 Jan, a car caught fire after hitting the railing at Jurong Canal Drive, closing the Jurong East Avenue 1 entrance to the Pan Island Expressway (PIE).
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the incident at around 3.40 pm. The fire was promptly extinguished and no injuries were reported. Whew.
Apparently, the driver had lost control of the car, causing it to crash into the railing. This resulted in the car catching fire afterwards.
The driver, a 30-year-old man, was subsequently arrested for drug-related offences— wait, drug-related offences?
I’m just gonna take back what I said about hoping that nobody’s injured due to the accident.
Now I am hoping that the driver gets a little injured.
Now, we are unsure if the driver was arrested because he was under the influence of drugs or he’s a drug dealer or something. However, there is simply no excuse for drugs, especially if you endanger the lives of others.
In a video posted by Facebook user Jinnhiko Lie, smoke can be seen rising from the car.
Car catches fire near my house! Omg hope no one got hurt.
Wow, would you look at that smoke?
…5 points to environmental pollution!
Seriously guys, stop polluting the environment. Intentional or not, Earth-chan is suffering because of us, you a**holes.
Anyway, in an advisory by SCDF, they said that most vehicle fires in Singapore occur when the vehicles are on the road. Most fires are caused by ignition sources, such as overheating or electrical faults within the engine compartment.
That being said, get your vehicle checked often! The last thing we need is another burning car holding up the traffic!
If not for yourself, DO IT FOR EARTH-CHAN!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Cars Vandalized by Loan Sharks…in Yishun
- There Could Soon Be Driverless Vehicles On The Roads… And That Worries Me
- S’porean Youths Caught On Camera Posing For Selfies At The Edge Of Building
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: channelnewsasia.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death