Do you have that annoying colleague who shares 50 fake news a day?
Or some stupid relatives’ kids writing puberty posts? (Eg: Ermagerd, nobardy loves meh)
If so, I believe I have some good news for you.
Facebook launched a new feature recently, allowing you to “snooze” a person or a page. Basically, it’s like a mute function. After “snoozing” a person or a page, you will not see any posts from them for a period of time.
Yes, you’ll argue that Facebook already has a function for that, the unfollow button but that’s permanent.
Who knows, you might just want to shut that person up for a while instead of a lifetime. Maybe.
This will give users more control over the content they see in their newsfeed, without unfollowing or unfriending someone.
Gee, I’m glad Facebook understands the political game pretty well. After all, I wouldn’t want to unfriend my manager who’s frantically posting pictures of her newborn baby! (We get it that you have a baby. You don’t have to post 621 pictures a day, you know)
Here’s how you do it.
Just click the 3 dots at the top right-hand corner of any post and you’ll see this drop-down menu.
Next, proceed to shut this person up for the next 30 days by pressing “Snooze (name) for 30 days”!
Uhh, yeah. 30 days.
I don’t think there’s like, an option for 3 days or something.
I think it’s a great thing that the effects of the snooze will disappear automatically after 30 days (which means you don’t have to un-snooze a person manually), but isn’t 30 days a little long? Whatever happened to 3 days or a week?
Well, it’ll definitely take more than 30 days for my manager’s baby to grow into a teenager that hates his parents, but that doesn’t mean I want to avoid her posts completely for 30 days!
Imagine this scenario:
Manager: Hey, did you guys see my video last night?
Colleague A: Haha yeah, that was funny!
Colleague B: How did you do that sia!
Me: (Think fast, brain!)
Hellooooooo, unemployment my old friend.
Anyway, I’m glad that Facebook is giving their users more control over what they want to see on their newsfeed.
(Let’s just hope that the now “empty” spots won’t be replaced by ads or something)
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 2 S’pore Restaurants Quarrelled on Facebook ‘Coz of…Black Magic
- 11 Facebook Messenger Tricks To Make You Cooler Than Your Friends
- 10 Funny Ways 90s Kids Used to Attract Their Crushes’ Attention Before Facebook Existed
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: facebook.com(screenshot)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia