She recorded the elderly man she was taking care of in the nude… then posted the clip on TikTok.
The foreign domestic worker (FDW) who filmed herself showering the elderly under her care has been sentenced to 17 months’ jail.
Victim was Vulnerable, Did Not Give Consent
The victim’s son employed the FDW in February 2020, and she was tasked to take care of the elderly man.
The victim, a 74-year-old man, was diagnosed with several health conditions including multiple brain abscesses in December 2019. A brain abscess is a pus-filled pocket of infection in your brain.
Due to the man’s frailty, he is unable to “protect himself from abuse, neglect or self-neglect”.
Recorded and Shared Videos of Nude Man
While showering the elderly man in February 2020, the FDW used her phone to record them. She can be seen staring and smiling into the camera during the nine-minute video.
Not only did she record them for nine minutes, she even shared the video with others on WhatsApp.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
She recorded yet another clip on January 2021 of the same situation, but now it was a minute long and posted on TikTok.
Yes, the video was accessible to the public as long as they had a link. Yes, you can actually save TikTok videos to your own gallery. You can see why this is clearly a really bad idea.
The FDW said that she allegedly took down the video online within an hour because she got several negative comments (rightfully) criticising her behaviour. However, instead of just deleting the video entirely, she still kept the recording in her personal phone gallery.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Video Ended Up on Facebook
Remember how I said you can save TikTok videos to your own gallery? Someone must have saved the clip before she deleted it, and they uploaded it on Facebook. The victim’s image was thankfully blurred out.
The victim’s son saw the Facebook post on January 2021 and alerted the police upon recognising his father and FDW.
Arrested for Voyeurism, Pleaded Guilty
The FDW was arrested on 3 January 2021, and was charged on 14 October 2021.
She pleaded guilty to two counts of recording the victim in the nude without consent, and two counts of intentionally distributing the recordings without consent. She’s been sentenced to 17 months’ jail.
Those found guilty of recording such videos of a vulnerable person without consent can be jailed for up to four years. For distributing such clips of a vulnerable person, one can be jailed for a maximum of 10 years.
- Man Fined After Calling a Police Officer an ‘A**hole’, Saying That He Paid Their Salary
- Teen Who Flipped Signboard at Child Issued with a Stern Warning
- Job Scams Claimed $6.5 Million in 6 Months from 658 Victims
- Sylvia Chan Reveals Plans for NOC After Saga
Featured Image: Facebook (Jeffrey Chee)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”