In case you haven’t noticed, Singapore has been getting a tad bit cold recently.
And yes, I just associated Singapore with the word ‘cold’.
Unbelievable as it may sound, Singapore wasn’t quite its usual self, with the skies pouring over our heads the last few days. To top it all off, the weather seems to have adopted a cold front, a stance that rendered air-conditioning utterly unnecessary at night.
In fact, the temperature actually dipped below 22°C yesterday (11 Jan) at around 10:30 p.m., in Ang Mo Kio and Admiralty!
Before you move out of Singapore in favour of the Sahara Desert, however, just know this:
It’s temporary (I hope).
The recent spate of ‘bad’ weather can actually be accredited to one single phenomenon:
An honest to goodness monsoon surge.
Currently affecting the South China Sea and the surrounding region, the surge’s expected to continue over the next few days.
According to National Environment Agency, “overcast and windy conditions with periods of moderate to heavy rain, at times with thunder” are expected over Singapore for “today and the next few days.”
The daily temperature during this period is also expected to fluctuate between 22 deg C and 28 deg C (slightly higher from 13 Jan onwards).
So yes, folks, the Antartica experience’s not fading off just yet, as the cold nights are expected to extend till at least Sunday (14 Jan).
But hey, it isn’t that bad
Think positively folks. After all…
When was the last time you actually felt cool in Singapore?
So enjoy the all-new experience, and just hope that it will stay for a bit longer.
Because you know what’s coming after that.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Is Water Cooler in S’pore Just Cold Tap Water? Here Are The Facts
- S’pore Woman Tried To Shame GrabHitch Driver For Scolding Her On FB But Ended Up Getting Burned
- It’s Going to be Super Cold in S’pore from 11 to 14 Jan (Maybe Floods, Too)
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Shutterstock / PR Image Factory
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue