Singaporeans definitely love their steamboat, especially on a cool rainy day.
We’ve definitely experienced a few minor burns while trying to scoop the glorious ingredients, but even that hurts a lot.
Hell, even the steam from the pot can be a bit much too.
Imagine the hot piping soup spilling onto you.
Yeah, can’t even fathom it?
Well, that’s what happened to a kid in China at a hotpot restaurant.
CCTV footage of this horrible incident went viral.
Take a look for yourself.
For those who are still in a state of shock.
Let me tell you what happened.
The kid was dressed in a blue-checked shirt, seated at the outer side of the table with his mum while his dad is seated opposite him.
As the waiter approached the table with the hotpot, the waiter lost his balance and dropped the hotpot onto the table.
The hot liquid from the pot spilt onto the boy and the mum quickly carried him. The dad pushed the hotpot immediately and went over to the other side to attend to them.
You could tell the liquid was piping hot as the boy was shrouded in steam. He was literally in hot soup. #SorryBadJoke
From the video alone, it looks like the waiter lost his balance.
Maybe the floor was slippery?
According to an article by World of Buzz, the owner of the restaurant came forward and said the pot wasn’t that hot because they had to scoop the soup base out.
The pot was brought to the back to be filled with other ingredients. He also mentioned that the steam is from the pot’s base as it is hot and not from the soup.
However, the child’s skin was scalded from the unfortunate incident and the owner has discussed with the parents privately, in terms of the compensation and the medical fees.
One thing is for sure, the child would have been spared if he sat on the inner-side of the table.
Moral of the story: Don’t let your kid seat at an aisle seat.
Parents, always be extra vigilant when you’re out with your kids.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts You Need To Know About The Burst Pipe In Bukit Batok West Last Night
- China Tourists Will Now Receive a 50-Page Booklet on How to Behave in S’pore
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: YouTube
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast