A video uploaded earlier on Stomp (don’t you love citizen journalism) by Uber Trooper went viral, depicting an inebriated (allegedly) foreigner wanting to pay his car ride in rupees.
Take a look at it first:
It is evident that the driver was losing his cool, as the conversation was going back and forth.
And the passenger does seem like he is in some state of drunken stupor from his slow responses.
So it starts with the passenger coming back from the ATM, claiming he wants to go back to the hotel so he can change his rupees into Singapore dollars.
The driver refuses, claiming he has ended the trip and that he has another passenger to pick up.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
After two minutes of squabbling (and a few F-bombs by the driver), the passenger offered 2,000 rupees (which is about S$42), to which the driver started yelling, “I don’t care about rupees, we are in Singapore” and finally kicking him out.
So after viewing the video, some things just don’t add up.
If he went to the ATM to withdraw cash, won’t he be able to get the cash in Singapore dollars?
And according to the article by Stomp, the rupees offered were in Rs500 and Rs 1000, and those denominations won’t be accepted by money changers and bank in Singapore.
The passenger also offered to pay in “Chinese”dollars. Wait, Chinese. How many currencies does he have? And what the heck is a Chinese dollar?
With that said, the driver could have handled this situation with a little more tact. Because let’s face it: other than trying to get paid, what else do you think the driver was trying to achieve?
Would he receive some money after filming this?
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Click Here to Download the App!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Video of Graduate Who DGAF & Walked Past His Degree Will Make You Laugh for Days
- Woman Did a Sending Off Ritual for Ex-BF Who Blocked Her on Social Media & It Got Viral
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: Facebook (Stomp)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee