The President of Football Association of Singapore (FAS) has passed away at age 69.
The news comes from a Facebook post on Wednesday (14 September) by the FAS.
The 69-year-old was first elected as FAS president in 2017 after his team LKT beat Bill Ng’s team Game Changers 30-13 the same year.
Lim has over 40 years of experience as a criminal mitigation lawyer at Hin Tat Augustine and Partners.
Before becoming president, he served as a council member at FAS since 1999 and in 2007, he was appointed as the vice-president.
He also became the first Singaporean to take up a leadership role on a FIFA committee when he was elected as its disciplinary committee’s deputy chairman in May 2013.
Lim was also part of the committee that issued a four-month ban and a fine of $100,000 Swiss francs (S$146,000) to Uruguay striker Luis Suarez for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini in the 2014 World Cup.
During his time as president in 2017, he oversaw the Singapore Football league and brought in a sponsor in Ajinomoto (S). He also organised insurance coverages and helped in securing proper match venues.
With all his accomplishments, Lim was re-elected as president unopposed in 2021.
Singapore football team, Tampines Rovers, posted a statement on Facebook announcing their condolences and their sadness over Lim’s passing.
Tanjong Pagar United has also expressed its condolences and thanked Lim for his service to Singapore football.
On Thursday (16 September), FAS will be setting up a tribute space in the lobby of their office at Jalan Besar Stadium for those who would like to pay their respects.
- Defence Minister Gives More Details About Red Lions Parachutist’s Hard Landing
- MOM Strongly Encourages Firms to Implement 4-Day Workweek & Flexible Work Arrangements
- There’s a Singaporean CEO & Lawyer Who Has Debuted in the K-Pop Scene
- 3 McDonald’s Drive-Thru Having ‘F1 Pit Stop Crew’ to Polish Your Wheels While You Wait for Your Food
- MTI Responds to India’s Move to Impose New Tax on Rice Exports
Featured Image: Facebook (Football Association of Singapore)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat