What is IKEA known for?
In Singapore, it is known for its lip-smacking meatballs (you should really try their new chicken meatballs!) and juicy chicken wings.
I love going to IKEA for totally different reasons.
My friends and I like to pretend we live there by sleeping on their display bed or fake-cooking in their display kitchen and sometimes we would even play hide-and-seek.
What can I say?
We are young at heart.
I am sure one day, probably when I am 40, I will be able to afford my own house and then I can do legit shopping at IKEA.
Unless there are random IKEA shopping vouchers floating on the net…..
Wait, IKEA IS GIVING FREE VOUCHERS?
NO BECAUSE IF THEY WERE, WE CONFIRM WOULD LET YOU KNOW.
Apparently, there is an IKEA survey of sorts circulating on social media and messaging apps which offers free vouchers, Channel NewsAsia reported.
Here is a screengrab of the survey:
As a writer, I can’t help but cringe at the survey as it is riddled with grammatical errors.
I am not a grammar nazi but come on, some of the errors are just abysmal.
This should be the proper version:
IKEA is giving a free voucher of $500 to celebrate its 75th birthday!
To qualify for the voucher, please take part in this short survey.
Question 1: Have you ever been to IKEA?
Sorry for my grammar OCD.
Anyways, IKEA has cleared the air.
If you can’t read:
We’ve noticed that there is another round of mobile survey promising free IKEA vouchers circulating on the Internet and messaging apps. We’d like to clarify that we are not associated with these activities, and they are not initiated by IKEA. Please protect yourself by not sharing your personal information or clicking on any suspicious links. Do spread the word to your friends so they are aware.
IKEA also mentioned that phishing emails (aka shady emails) tend to be spelled strangely and they work hard to avoid spelling mistakes or poor grammar, Channel NewsAsia reported.
IKEA also added that it will never ask for personal details via email.
So guys, don’t fall hook, line, and sinker for these scams!
Since we all love to leave complaints…oops I mean feedback on social media, why not drop a message to the respective company when in doubt.
Scammers might be working hard but we will be working harder.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- S’pore Student Lost IC & It Was Used By Scammers to Cheat Victims
- Lamest Scam: Sign for a Mobile Plan, Give the Phone, Get $500 Be Blacklisted Forever
- S’pore Woman Scammed By Contractor Finally Able To Move In After 7 Months Of Hell
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: muhammad afzan bin awang / shutterstock.com
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue