Well, well, well. GST might be increasing between 2021 to 2025, but this sudden increase is going to come so fast and furious, you might just reconsider your end-year holiday plans.
According to reports, Changi Airport currently charges $34 to fly out of the airport, with this breakdown:
- Passenger Service and Security Fee ($27.90)
- Aviation Levy ($6.10)
Truth to be told, I didn’t even know about this: they most likely are included in our air tickets. If I had known, I would have spent more time in the departure hall, because I’m paying $27.90 for the service and security!
Now, there’s going to be a $13.30 additional fee from 1 July 2018.
The total departure fee will be a totality of $47.30. The breakdown would be as follow:
- Passenger Service and Security Fee ($30.40)
- Aviation Levy ($6.10)
- Airport Development Levy ($10.80)
Okay, so the passenger service and security fee is increased by $2.50 (more on that later), so I’ll just spend more time in the departure hall next time I’m flying off.
But wait. Airport Development Levy?
It’s for the construction of Terminal 5
The Airport Development Levy we pay are to help build T5, which cost tens of billions.
Here’s, it’s for this.
But why charge the passengers?
Unfortunately, this is pretty common.
While the Government and Changi Airport do fund it, other countries have also charged passengers to build their infrastructure. According to The Straits Times, Hong Kong International Airport charges an extra $11.85 to $30.50 per person to build a third runway.
But passengers like you and me aren’t the only one affected: airlines would have to pay more for landing and parking in the airport, though theirs are not that significant (e.g. a $12 increase for A320-200 for three hours).
This isn’t the end
If this sounds bad, you’ve yet to hear the worst.
By 1 April 2024, the total departure fee could go up to $62.30, because the Passenger Service and Security Fee will increase by $2.50 every year until 2024 (which is why there’s a $2.50 this year).
And remember, by then, GST might have already increased.
Now, show this article to your SO and convince him or her to take a vacation soon…’coz it’s going to get more expensive soon.
Unless you take a boat to Batam lah. Just don’t take a motorized sampan.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 5 Facts About Changi Airport T5, a Game-changer in S’pore
- Changi Airport Will Stop Making Final Boarding Calls Cuz People Are Not Listening Anyway
- 23 Secret Things To Do In Changi Airport (Includes the New T4!)
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured Image: EQRoy / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast