The Glenn Yong and Eleanor Lee saga seemed like it ended as soon as it started, but a few shady captions and a change in a statement are saying otherwise.
If you’re not up to date with the saga, watch this to the end first:
Here’s the latest update on the dispute.
Glenn Yong Spoke About Harassment, Eleanor Quick to Label It Resolved
In March 2022, actor Glenn Yong, best known for his role in Ah Girls Go Army, spoke out about the harassment he had faced for many months prior.
While he didn’t explicitly name any names on his Instagram stories, there were records of Glenn Yong and Eleanor Lee—Quan Yifeng’s daughter and fellow actress—attending Case Management Sessions, with the case classified under the Protection from Harassment Act (POHA).
Naturally, the netizens connected the dots between the two and wondered if it was related.
On 8 August, Eleanor Lee posted a statement on her Instagram story, acknowledging that she is the antagonist in Yong’s story.
She simply stated that they have resolved their differences through the help of their lawyers and everything was just a “misunderstanding”. This matter has been concluded.
For more details on both of their statements, you can click here.
After Lee’s statement, everyone thought that this saga was over. But it seems like one small word made Yong pretty displeased…
Not A “Misunderstanding” After All?
After Lee posted her statement, Yong proceeded to post a photo of himself on 8 August with the caption: “nahh what misunderstanding”, which netizens picked up on quickly.
Additionally, he also posted a statement that was nearly identical to the one Lee posted, but without “misunderstanding” in it.
Not gonna lie, that’s pretty shady.
Lee Changed Statement
On the same day, Eleanor posted an edited statement on her Instagram story in the late afternoon.
The word “misunderstanding” was removed.
She also posted pictures of herself on 8 August, with the caption: “Sometimes when you can’t help someone with their career, they come after yours. But hey, life goes on and I have rehearsals to go to, brb!”
It should also be noted that on 7 August, she tweeted in Mandarin, “Because he doesn’t have your talents, he’ll keep trying to smother you while trying to stand above you.”
It seems like while the two are still unhappy with each other, they’re keeping it civil on the Internet and not letting the drama blow up.
To all the kaypoh netizens who want to know the full story, we probably won’t be getting it anytime soon.
- 6 Highlights from National Day Parade 2022 (NDP 2022) With Updated Info
- 7 Facts About ORTO, the 24-Hour Leisure Park That’s Set to Close Next Year
- Everything About the New Langya Virus That Has Infected 35 People in China So Far
- The 凶-est Day in this Year’s Hungry Ghost Festival is on 12 August 2022
Featured Image: Instagram (@glennyhq & @eleanorleex)
Here's a rather unexpected timeline of the $2.8 billion money laundering case in Singapore as revealed by Minister Josephine Teo during a parliament sitting on 3 October 2023:
- 30YO M’sian Collapsed from Brain Aneurysm on First Day of Work in S’pore
- Terence Cao Responds to Netizens Who Weren’t Happy That He Hugged Women in his Livestreams
- Everything About the Ousting of Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy
- Johor Crown Prince Was Near BKK Shooting & Had Taken Cover in the Singapore Embassy
- 7 Facts About the Money Laundering Case That Are Revealed During 3 Oct Parliament Sitting
- MP Tin Pei Ling Joins DCS Card Centre (Formerly Diners Club Singapore) As Managing Director