Working in construction is no easy job; it often involves arduous work under difficult conditions—sometimes even putting workers’ lives at risk.
This was proven once again yesterday after a gondola with two workers on it malfunctioned and tilted to one side.
Gondola Swinging in Midair
The incident occurred at Blk 708 Pasir Ris Drive 10 on Wednesday (23 Mar).
According to a town council spokesman, the workers were installing anti-bird netting on the seventh floor of the block.
Witnesses told Shin Min Daily News that they heard a loud sound and saw the gondola swinging in midair and tilted to its right side.
The items on it, such as a paint bucket, had slid off.
Fortunately, the two workers, who seemed stunned, managed to climb off the gondola onto an adjacent stairwell. Phew.
Here's Why We Might Not Need to Vote in Presidential Election 2023 After Tharman’s Announcement:
Workers Unscathed but Still Sent to Hospital
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call for help at 9.25am.
The two workers did not appear to have suffered any injuries but were taken to Sengkang General Hospital for check-ups.
The town council spokesman said the gondola was installed on Tuesday. The incident will be reported to the Manpower Ministry for investigation.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Second Gondola Accident This Year
This comes as the second time this year that a gondola has malfunctioned and tilted to one side dangerously.
Just a month ago on 18 February, a gondola at Block 176D Edgefield Plains in Punggol was left dangling at a steep angle after one of its cables broke, leaving the two workers on it at risk of falling any time.
Thankfully, a couple who had witnessed the scene quickly opened their windows to let the workers into their home.
Had the workers from both incidents not gotten to safety immediately, the result would have been a disturbing scene.
- Police Officer Shot & Killed Knife-Wielding Man Who Didn’t Respond to Taser Shots
- Man Who Didn’t Pay in First Date in a Restaurant Has Responded & It Gets Uglier
- NUH Finally Gave More Details About What Happened on Day of Unborn Child’s Death
- S’pore & M’sia Now Working Towards ‘Full Resumption’ of Travel for Vaccinated People
Featured Image: Google Maps
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”
- 10 Facts About Being a S’pore President Except Being an ATM for S’pore
- MOS Burger Investigating After Footage of Staff Losing Temper in Toa Payoh Outlet Went Viral
- Jocelyn Chia Claimed She’s Not Cancelled & Didn’t Seem Apologetic
- S$1 to RM3.44: M’sia Ringgit Falls Further Against SGD
- 7 Facts About Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Who’s Likely Going to be Singapore’s Next President