Using ride-hailing services and safety in Singapore may be two things that many of us take for granted from time to time, but it’s important that we still remain alert and aware of the dangers that can happen.
Most of the ride-hailing drivers are definitely good people who are dedicated to their job, but unfortunately, there will always be a few rotten apples in any industry.
Former Grab Driver Jailed and Caned for Molesting Underage Passenger
On 20 January, Mohamed Razin Mohamed Omar, 27, was sentenced to 15 months’ jail and 3 strokes of the cane after pleading guilty to one charge of outrage of modesty. A second charge of kissing the victim’s lips is still being taken into consideration.
He had picked up the victim in the early hours of 21 November last year, and she sat in the rear passenger seat.
While they were in his car, he started asking her questions about her personal life. He even asked for her handphone number.
After driving them to a secluded area along Bulim Street, which is near Jurong, he alighted from his car and began a conversation with the victim.
When they got back in the car afterwards, he asked if she had kissed a man before, to which she said no.
He then proceeded to forcefully kiss her, as well as make her perform a sex act.
This was even though she had told him “I don’t want” when he kissed her. She also tried to pull back from him, withdrawing her hand the first time he placed it on his crotch, but the accused forcefully pulled her hand back.
The victim managed to eventually pull her hand away from him and told him that she wanted to go home. He obliged, sending her back.
He even asked her for a goodbye kiss when she was paying him for the fare before alighting, but she refused.
A few days after the incident, the victim lodged a police report.
Driver Took Advantage of Her
When Razin had asked the girl “Want to go anywhere?” before driving them to Bulim street, the victim did not know what he meant and responded with “Anything”.
With the victim being ten years younger than Razin, the prosecutor noted that he “exploited the victim’s young age and naivete in a calculated fashion”.
With that, let this be a reminder that we should be alert and aware at all times to keep us as safe as possible, for you never know what dangers the road entails.
- Swensen’s Having CNY Items Like Mandarin Oranges Ice Cream Cake & Firecracker Pineapple Ice Cream Tart
- Face of Anti-Scam Li Nanxing’s IG Account Hacked & Used by Scammers
- M’sia Easing COVID-19 Rules for CNY & Lion Dances Are Allowed
- PM Lee Said in an Interview About How the Decision of Circuit Breaker Was Made
- M’sia Shopping Mall Slammed for Having CNY Decoration That Looks Like Paper Offerings
Featured Image: Andreas William / Shuttlestock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia