Upon arriving in Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Minister for Sustainability and Environment Grace Fu tested positive for COVID-19.
It seems like the virus is making its rounds again at the most inconvenient times.
Last time it was during the Committee of Supply debates on government budgeting, which caused numerous MPs to hand in their medical leaves, now the virus has taken down another minister right before an important climate change conference.
Tested COVID-19 Positive on 15 May
On 15 May, Minister Grace Fu took to Facebook to state that she has tested positive for COVID-19.
Although her voice was breaking up at times, her symptoms weren’t severe to the extent where it impeded her ability to participate in the Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change which was being jointly held by the United Kingdom and Egypt.
The conference brought together more than 40 countries to discuss the commitments of the Glasgow Climate Pact, which primarily focuses on the actions needed to shift from negotiations to execution ahead of the 2022 United Nations Climate Change happening in November.
For Singapore, a country that has pledged to bring down its carbon emissions to net zero and pursue an eco-friendly and sustainable environment in its long-term plans, the importance of these meetings cannot be understated.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
Ms Fu mentioned in her post that she had “mild flu-like symptoms like a running nose and fever”, but she was feeling “alright” overall.
She attended the meeting via a Zoom call instead as she isolated herself in her temporary lodgings.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Owing to her illness, her return to Singapore will be delayed until she fully recovers.
In the meantime, she has been coping by practising yoga, which has been helpful towards her breathing and lung capacity.
Most of the netizens that replied to her announcement sent her well-wishes for a speedy recovery.
Get well soon, Ms Fu!
- M’sia Minister Says Durian Prices Might be Doubled This Year
- FIFA 2023 Will be the Last Game to Bear the Iconic FIFA Name; Here’s Why
- SCDF Explains What Happened on the Call Whereby the Responder Hanged up on the Caller
- Family Members & Students Danced At Dancing Legend Sunny Low’s Funeral
Featured Image: Facebook (Grace Fu)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”