When we were kids, nothing satisfies us as much as watching an episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, despite it having the same plot, action and style every single time.
To a 90s kid, Power Rangers isn’t just another kids’ show—it’s a show that grow up with us, it’s a show that bring smiles during the 90s and it’s a show that showed us that good always wins.
From 1993 until now, there has only been two Power Rangers movies: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie that came out in 1995 and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie that came out in 1997. That was the era before superhero movies were hot, so the box office results haven’t been exactly good.
Now, almost 20 years later, when all 90s kids (the real Power Ranger fans) have become uncles and aunties, a new movie will be out in March 2017.
Here’s the trailer.
Simply titled Power Rangers, it seems like a reboot of the old series, similar to Star Wars and Star Trek. Just for your reference, here are the trailers for two previous movies in the 90s.
Now, why do I say that it might destroy your childhood?
Simple: this rebooted Power Rangers just doesn’t sound and look like the Power Rangers we 90s kids remember.
In fact, it looks more like the modern superheroes movies that have taken the world by storm. As a 90s kid, I want to see the rangers doing meaningless somersaults, making weird sounds as they do a roundhouse kick and most importantly, lots and lots of low-budget kung-fu fighting scenes. We don’t want high-budget special effects or big explosions. We want explosions with Styrofoam buildings.
Or maybe it’s just me. But one thing is for sure: Power Rangers isn’t going to be the same anymore.
Featured Image: YouTube (Lionsgate Movies)
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- 11 Nostalgic Sat Morning Cartoons 90s Kids Woke Up To No Matter How Sleepy They Are
- 10 Retro HK dramas That Keep Us 90s Kids Glued to the TV
- 10 Movies that Every 90s Kid Love & Every 00s Kid Doesn’t Understand
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant