Ooooooh a new hawker centre? Looks like there’s another place for me to eat in Pasir Ris! For a fat guy like me, this is great news!
Now, before you start questioning my loyalty towards the west side of Singapore, I’ll have you know that I will always be a westie.
So, why am I so excited about a new hawker centre in Pasir Ris? Well, it just so happens that my girlfriend stays in the east. Like, Downtown East kind of east.
Before you guys begin commenting on the forbidden union between two people from the west and east, let’s get back on track, shall we?
On 25 Jan, Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre finally started its operations! The dual concept hawker centre offers both traditional cuisine and “hipster” cuisine not commonly found at food centres.
Huh, hipster food eh?
For some reason, I’m reminded of SODOSOPA from South Park…
Anyway, let’s take a look at what they have to offer! For starters, there’s seafood bucket:
A Thai boat noodle stall:
And some selection of atas coffee( Wow, I can now get a cup of Mocha in a hawker centre?):
And I’m sure there’s a lot more!
According to the report by Channelnewsasia, there are also Wagyu beef bowls, pork belly burgers, chilli crab pasta and bingsu! We can expect to spend approximately $4 to $7 per item!
Apparently, the hawker centre is also designed in such a way that it would be a “creative space” for selected aspiring hawkers under the hawker-preneurship programme to set up stalls at a lower cost.
Diners are also encouraged to return their own trays and crockeries after dining, because most Singaporeans simply do not have the courtesy to do so.
I mean, we require something like “tray return ambassadors” to encourage people to return their trays after meals.
And personally, I find it really hard to explain to my foreign friends why Singaporeans don’t clear the table after a meal despite there being a tray return station nearby.
And I’ll always half-jokingly tell them: “Because we are privileged, inconsiderate assholes”.
Enough ranting on my part. Now I’m just hoping the food at the hawker centre will be enough to cheer me up.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Here’s the Difference Between ‘Best Before’ & ‘Use By’ in Food Packaging
- Eating Chao Da Food: Do They Really Cause Cancer?
- There’s a Restaurant Here in S’pore Selling Indomie Foods from $7.9
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Channelnewsasia
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day