Protect. To defend or guard from attack, invasion, loss, annoyance, insult, etc.; cover or shield from injury or danger.
This is how Dictionary.com has defined the word.
I’m not sure if Pua Hak Chuan (38), the man who admitted to the torture of Miss Annie Ee Yu Ee (26), fully understood the meaning of the word.
He claimed that his attacks on the victim were attempts to “protect” the victim from further abuse from his wife, Tan Hui Zhen (33).
According to Pua, he is afraid of his wife.
“I did not condone her beating of the deceased, but I did not dare to defy her.
“Had I not beaten her as instructed by my wife, she would have continued to hit her.”
Hold on a freaking minute. What kind of logic is this?
If you really wanted to protect the victim, shouldn’t you have stopped your wife from hitting her instead?
Pua also claimed that his wife would tell him to hit the victim harder if his strikes were lacking in strength. So, is he trying to say that he is hitting her lightly on purpose?
From how I see it, no matter how light his strikes were, he still hit the victim.
Pua also said that he was a silent observer most of the time and was simply an accomplice, using the reason to plead for a lighter sentence.
Ok, even so, you’re still as guilty as your wife.
Personally, I strongly believe that onlookers are also guilty of the crimes committed by the perpetrator.
Even if he’s really scared of his wife, he could’ve sought help from others.
Get a neighbor, dial 999 or something, and not “apologize to the victim” as his wife was hitting the victim.
On the 29th of December, 2014, Pua was sent to Khoo Tech Puat Hospital after overdosing on medication.
Pua revealed that he deliberately overdosed on medication so that he could numb himself from the torture he was witnessing.
“I don’t dare to interfere with my wife’s affairs.” said Pua during a psychiatric evaluation.
Perhaps, what Pua really needs was a psychiatrist. His fear towards his wife is simply irrational.
Or perhaps he was just lying, in an attempt to get a lighter sentence. If that’s the case, nice try.
However, all that means nothing now. An innocent life was lost because of their actions.
No matter what conditions he was suffering from (if what he said was true), he still has to pay for his crimes.
Rot in jail and enjoy the caning.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- S’pore Couple Abused Their ‘Sister’ So Much That Led to Her Death
- Intern Feels ‘Abused’ Due to Responsibilities & OT. Strawberry or Kiwi?
- Man Jailed For Keeping Wildlife Animals In His House as Pets
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: Stomp
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024