Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) are digital assets that make sense in theory, but what’s extremely mind-boggling about it is the high prices that these unique and immutable entities can fetch.
For singer-songwriter Jay Chou, he probably wished it was just an April Fool’s joke when his friend told him that one of his most prized NFTs have been stolen.
Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT Stolen
On 1 April, Chou went onto Instagram to say that his NFT had been “stolen by a phishing website”.
View this post on Instagram
To add salt to his wounds, it was from the Bored Ape Yacht Club, which is known as one of the most valuable NFT collections thus far.
The NFT was a gift he received from Jeffrey Hwang Licheng this year, a member of the Taiwanese hip-hop group called Machi.
The stolen NFT was later found on NFT Marketplace LooksRare.
It was first sold for 133 ether (ETH), and then transacted again for 155 ETH, which is approximately US$520,000, based on the current value of the digital currency.
That’s half a million just for a digital asset, folks.
Seriously, what has our world come to?
A Precautionary Tale
In his Instagram post, the 43-year-old singer warns his audience to be more cautious, stating that the NFT theft “was not a joke” through his last hashtag.
According to blockchain security firm PeckShield—interesting name, albeit slightly contradictory—Chou’s losses might have been more than just the Bored Ape.
Allegedly, he may have lost another two from Doodles due to the phishing scam.
- Charles Yeo Selling His Own Meme NFTs to Raise Funds for His Legal Fees & Fines
- HK Actor Claims PCR Swab Test Led to Severe Nosebleed for 2 Hours
- Wedding of Son Ye-jin & Hyun Bin Includes Guests Like Gong Yoo & Song Joong-ki
- Reunion Video of 2 Doggies With M’sian After Borders Reopen Got Over 1 Million Views
Featured Image: Instagram (@jaychou)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death