Just yesterday, 21 August, a California jury ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay S$568 million to a woman who claimed she developed terminal ovarian cancer after using the company’s talc-based products.
For all those who have zero ideas on what talc is, let me enlighten you with the help of Wikipedia. (Not school assignment, can use Wikipedia)
Hmm, not very helpful right? In short, it is “one of the most widely used substances known as baby powder.”
Hold on to your jaw.
This case is actually one of the thousands of lawsuits brought nationwide against the company for failing to warn its consumers of the risk of cancer from talc in its products.
According to Eva Echeverria, a 63-year-old woman, she developed the disease after using Johnson & Johnson talc-based powders for decades.
I’m honestly a little perturbed by this news. Are you a fan of baby powder? I know I am.
But company spokesperson Carol Goodrich asserts that Johnson & Johnson is “guided by the science”, which in turns “supports the safety of Johnson’s Baby Powder”.
How now, brown cow? Continue to use or throw all away? I think I still have 4 bottles at home.
The struggle is real.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Like this article? Read other unrelated but equally interesting articles here:
- Man Jaywalked in S’pore, Raged At Driver When He Shakes His Head At Him
- This S’porean Went From Factory Worker To Making $40K/Day As A Photographer
Feature Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Singapore Social: 8 Facts About This Netflix Show You Should Know About
- Everything About The ‘Chao Ni Ma’ Taxi Driver Who Was Fired By TransCab For Abusing Couple & Punching Car
- Newborn Baby In S’pore Suffocated After Co-sleeping With Parents For First Time
- M’sian Air Stewardess Allegedly Breaks Arms After Carrying Passenger’s Luggage
- 3 Friends Go Swimming But 19YO Drowns While Friends Look On & Take Videos
- MINDEF Says SAF Officers Fly Business Class To Exercises As ‘They’re Included At No Additional Cost’