If you’re a Woodlander, you’d know that you can no longer buy your Burger King Whopper home after work.
Because the premises that used to house Burger King has been taken over by another fast-food chain, Jollibee.
And if you’re like me, you’d wonder if they’re building some secret underground basement there, for it seems that the renovation is taking forever.
Yesterday, Jollibee finally posted the news that we’ve been waiting for for so long.
It’s finally here.
Only Outlet in the North
If you’re a fan of the Philippines-based fast-food chain, you’d know that so far, there isn’t any outlet in the north.
At this moment, they’ve got six outlets in Singapore, namely in:
- Lucky Plaza Basement 1
- Lucky Plaza Level 6
- Square 2 (next to Novena MRT Station)
- Changi City Point
- Paya Lebar Square
- Jurong East MRT Station
With the new outlet in Woodlands MRT Station, they’ve effectively got an outlet in all corners of Singapore.
First launched in Singapore to great fanfare in 2013, the chain has grown exponentially since then.
Back then when it was first launched, its primary customers were Filipinos. In 2017, almost half of all the customers are now Singaporeans.
According to an interview in 2017, the chain has plans to open at least 15 more outlets by 2022. With an outlet open in 2018 (Jurong East) and this new outlet in Woodlands, we could be seeing 13 more outlets in the next three years.
One of them has been planned to be opened in Waterway Point in Punggol.
In the meantime, they’re also looking to hire for their Woodlands outlet:
So, to all Woodlanders: Woodlands has become great again.
And it’s going to be much more crowded soon.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Another S’pore Influencer Allegedly Got into Shotgun Marriage
- PMD Rider Confronts Couple For Allegedly Staring At Him When He Rode PMD On Footpath
- S’pore Man Allegedly Lost Phone In Taxi & Had $4,000 Stolen From GrabPay
- 54YO Record Shop In Chinatown Complex Center Forced To Close Down By End Nov 2019
- Driver Who Took Video Of PM Lee’s Son Fined & Disqualified From Driving
- #FastFoodFriday: Subway Breaded Chicken Cutlet: It’s Still Subway