If there’s one thing you should know about TikTok, it’s probably that the video-sharing platform has been one of, if not the most popular social media sites in recent years.
Which is probably why public figures, such as politicians, have all begun joining TikTok to engage with more members of the public.
In Singapore, the politician who has joined TikTok most recently is none other than Josephine Teo, the Minister for Communications and Information, Minister-in-charge of the Cyber Security Agency and Smart Nation and Second Minister for Home Affairs.
But it seems like her venture into the platform has prompted netizens to allude her to her TikTok doppelgänger, and here’s who it is.
Josephine Teo Joined TikTok Recently
A few days ago, Mrs Teo uploaded her first TikTok video with the caption, “Hello! I’m now on TikTok!”
@joteo.ylm Hello! I’m now on TikTok! #JoTeoOnTheGo #tiktoksg ♬ original sound – joteo.ylm – Jo Teo
The video included a bunch of cool transitions and clips of her engaging in various activities, such as trying her hand out at Chinese calligraphy, reading a book and shopping at a supermarket.
She added a message at the end as she expressed her hopes to share more about her life, work and things she is passionate about.
Additionally, she also plugged in her TikTok hashtag, “#JoTeoOnTheGo”.
Seems like a pretty “normal” introduction video… Right?
However, that wasn’t the case for many netizens, who started pointing out that she was “Uncle Raymond’s Intern”.
Similarities to “Uncle Raymond’s Intern”
Wait, who is Uncle Raymond’s intern?
Er, in this case, we’re obviously not talking about “blue shirt guy” lah, the one who’s been constantly given “last warnings” by netizens after appearing in a good majority of Uncle Raymond videos over the past few months.
It’s a short-haired lady who has recently appeared in several Uncle Raymond’s videos as part of a “dance group”.
FYI, “Uncle Raymond’s intern” is usually used to describe an individual who partakes in many of Uncle Raymond’s videos.
@raymondl88 Thanks for meeting. Be happy. Let’s move. 感恩遇见，开心就好，我们跳舞吧！#uncleraymond #fyp #tiktoksg🇸🇬 ♬ Way Back Home (feat. Conor Maynard) [Sam Feldt Festival Mix] – SHAUN
In this video, she wears a grey tee shirt and greyish-black jeans.
See the resemblance?
She also appears in other of Uncle Raymond’s videos, such as this one:
@raymondl88 Thanks for meeting. Be happy. Let’s move.#uncleraymond @Alpha @Baobao @user7122534126645 @Wong Ying Sheng Tomm ♬ Way Back Home (feat. Conor Maynard) [Sam Feldt Festival Mix] – SHAUN
Although we’re not sure if Mrs Teo is as passionate (or good) about her dancing as her doppelgänger, one thing’s for sure: netizens definitely noticed the “similarity” and have been pointing it out.
One user commented, “Wa Josephine Teo dancing”, while others have jokingly posted comments such as “JOSEPHINE TEO LAST WARNING” and have called her Uncle Raymond’s newest intern.
In fact, this started even before Mrs Teo joined TikTok, and netizens were quick to point out the joke of her dancing with Uncle Raymond and being his “intern” once she posted her first video.
“Uncle Ray’s most successful intern by far,” one TikTok user wrote in the comments section of Mrs Teo’s TikTok video.
- Old-School Stall That Sells Paper-Wrapped Chicken Union Chee Pow Kai Reopens at Toh Guan
- New Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre Has an Ordering System Just Like McDonald’s System
- The Song ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ Lets Mariah Carey Earns $2.5 Million Every Year
- There’s a Loophole Whereby Some People Get to Watch Jay Chou’s Concert for Free
- Everything About the World Cup Final Whereby Argentina Wins on Penalties
Featured Image: TikTok (@joteo.ylm + @raymondl88)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake