Too broke to afford concert tickets? Boy, do we have a tip for you.
There’s a loophole whereby you can watch concerts for free at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Some fans did it for the Jay Chou concert, and you can also use this tip for the next concert you attend.
Here’s what you need to know.
Cat 0 Concert Tickets
A TikTok user recently posted a video on the platform, showing several people crowded outside the Singapore Indoor Stadium watching the Jay Chou concert.
The TikTok video is aptly captioned “cat 0 ticket”. Well, if watching the Jay Chou concert free of charge isn’t “cat 0”, we don’t know what is.
@kwangggyou cat 0 ticket #jaychou #周杰倫 #嘉年華 #演唱會 #singapore #concert #sportshub #singapore #fyp ♬ original sound – Tan Kwang Yu
The TikTok user first pans the camera to showcase the area, whereby we see quite a handful of people crowded outside the stadium.
The camera then pans towards the stadium walls to show the gaps between them. Through these gaps, the TikTok user and others crowded around the area could watch the Jay Chou concert.
It’s tough to see anything, but at least you get a glimpse of the concert. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
The TikTok user described the experience as “Taobao Jay Chou”. Well, if you’re watching the King of Mandopop perform through a zoomed-in video on your phone screen, you can’t expect much.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/goodyfeed
The area whereby the TikTok user watched the concert is just by the jogging tracks encircling level three of the stadium.
Fans Seated Outside The Stadium’s Gates
Another TikTok user shared a video of fans seated outside the stadium’s gates, also listening to Jay Chou’s concert.
@jaylim8821 #周杰倫 #Jay #周杰倫演唱會 #🥰🥰🥰 ♬ 原聲 – 星空
Many fans were seated on the ground, swaying side to side, on beat with the music.
Some even came prepared with picnic mats.
While it doesn’t seem like you can get a view of the actual concert from that area, the free live music seemed sufficient for the fans captured in the TikTok video.
High Demand For Concert Tickets
As COVID-19 restrictions start to ease, concerts are finally returning. However, it has proven difficult for fans of several artistes to purchase concert tickets successfully.
Concerts for popular artistes like BLACKPINK, Harry Styles and even Arctic Monkeys were sold out in the blink of an eye.
Most of those tickets are now being resold for sky-high prices on Carousell. Cat 1 tickets to the Arctic Monkeys concert in February 2023 are being sold on Carousell for almost triple their original cost.
Even the Jay Chou tickets were challenging to purchase as well. The ticketing system was down for hours, and many fans were disappointed after the ticket sales.
Well, if you were one of the unfortunate fans who didn’t manage to get concert tickets for the other artistes coming to Singapore in 2023, at least you just learnt a new concert hack from the Jay Chou fans.
- Here’s Why All South Koreans Will Soon be 1 or 2 Years Younger Soon
- You Can Get $50 for Your DNA If You’re a Man Between 30 to 40
- Old-School Stall That Sells Paper-Wrapped Chicken Union Chee Pow Kai Reopens at Toh Guan
- New Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre Has an Ordering System Just Like McDonald’s System
- The Song ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ Lets Mariah Carey Earns $2.5 Million Every Year
Featured Image: TikTok (@kwangggyou) + Instagram (@jaychou)
- NTU Graduate Who Died at 28 From Cancer Planned His Own Funeral
- “Charles & Keith Girl” Zoe Gabriel is Now an Influencer
- Here's Why Luckin Coffee, “Starbucks of China”, Quietly Coming to S’pore
- Young Couple, Including a 6-Month Pregnant Mum, Died While Travelling to Work in S’pore
- 10 Facts About Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Michelle Yeoh Movie That Took Over Oscars 2023