Modern-day jet-setters are no strangers to the wrath of the hefty additional fees that come with an excess baggage.
Suddenly, being a serial overpacker is a dire sin, and the only existing penance to avoid eternal damnation is $30. Because throwing away your prized possessions is just not an option.
This, however, is not the case for Gel Rodriguez from the Philippines. She conquered what was once perceived inevitable with a creative lifehack that you wish you knew then. Indeed, some heroes don’t wear capes, they wear 13 layers of clothes.
Uh… Wait, what?
13 Layers Of Clothes
She documented her account on a Facebook post, which has since gone viral worldwide with 1,000 comments and 18k shares. She shared that, upon checking in, the airline staff immediately told her that she had exceeded the 7kg baggage allowance by 2kg.
Parting ways with her belongings was just not on her agenda. Instead, she stacked her clothing – on herself – layer by layer. To the internet’s amusement, her brilliant display of creativity, managed to get her through the boarding gates with –
Wait for it… A luggage weighing 6.5kg.
Of course, she could’ve just completely avoided this ordeal. But still, good on her!
Now keep in mind that gallivanting about in 100 layers of clothes is just one of the many last resorts that you ought to explore.
Creativity can also come in the form of packing wisely and unleashing your inner Marie Kondo for a hassle-free travel experience.
Just don’t bring stuff that doesn’t spark joy and you’re good to go.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill