Starting from 15 May 2017, members of the public can send in their naming suggestions for 3 stations on Circle Line 6. They’re currently named as Keppel, Cantonment and Prince Edward.
Granted, you won’t be able to name the station with any Tom, Dick, or Harry names. Rather, those names have to reflect the history and heritage of the location or a name that showcases Singapore’s multi-racial and multi-cultural identity.
LTA advises the public to avoid naming the station after public structures, commercial or residential development. You’ll also have to justify the names chosen for each station to explain the context of the choice and suitability.
This exercise will last until 18 June 2017 and you can submit your suggestions via the link here.
However, if you still prefer the existing names, you can also choose to keep the current names by simply typing ‘NIL’ in the dialogue box.
The LTA will collate and shortlist names that meet the naming criteria, before sending a final list of names for endorsement by the Street and Building Names Board. A public polling exercise will be conducted later this year to determine the final MRT station names.
The stations on Circline Line 6 will connect HarbourFront station to Marina Bay station. The Circle Line is estimated to be completed by 2025 and will have 33 stations and 12 interchange stations connected to other MRT lines.
Always wanted to make a difference to Singaopre? Well, now’s a chance for you to do it! You might even be riding in one of your ‘named’ creations really soon!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- 7 Facts About The Pervert Who Filmed The Lady On The North East Line MRT
- 10 Things You Need To Know About The Taxi That ‘Exploded’ Near Buona Vista MRT Today
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death