This is why you should always be sure that you are ready for a pet before even owning one, or in this case, two.
A 33-year-old man, Tang Yew Liang Joseph was fined S$4,800 for abandoning his pet dogs and for not registering them.
Last Thursday (1 June 2017), the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) was alerted to a notice of two abandoned dogs at BLK 150, Ubi Ave 4.
Following the complaints, AVA then managed to track down Tang, who admitted to abandoning one of his dogs due to financial difficulties. During the investigations, AVA also found out that Tang did not license both his pet dogs.
In a press release, AVA mentioned
“Individuals who abandon their pets are liable to a maximum fine of $10,000 and/or 12 months jail term for first convictions. Pet owners who do not license their pet dogs are liable to a maximum fine of $5,000 upon conviction.”
“Safeguarding animal welfare is a shared social responsibility requiring the cooperation of all stakeholders, including the public.”
Thankfully, the unlicensed dogs have since been been taken in by a fosterer and SOSD.
Honestly, he should be charged a heavier penalty for abandoning his pet dogs. I mean, it’s as good as abandoning babies in rubbish chutes and people do go to jail for that.
You don’t see people giving up their babies or putting them up for adoption just because they’re financially incapable of bringing them up, right?
And like what they always say – to you, they’re just a pet but to them, you’re their world.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Featured Image: stomp.straitstimes.com
- Auntie Trolls Chinese Phone Scammer Who Says Cantonment is in Jurong East; Scammer Calls Auntie a Dog
- 10 Places in S’pore You Can Look at Cute Animals; Perfect for First Date!
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death